SaabCentral Forums banner

Sold the SAAB - Bought this lol

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  SQR-900T 
#1 ·
Dont laugh, its just to last the winter...and it was 700 bucks. Flame Away!!

See less See more
#5 ·
hehehe, the factory seat was broken and I got this one for less money than fixing the original. I sold the SAAB because I got a good offer on it. I will buy something new in the spring. I would never buy a new car so close to winter. My new car would look old by the time spring came around. Montreal winters are rough.

#9 ·
sethsev7n said:
Yours was a 1997? That avatar of yours looks like the back of a 94.. was that your car?

and yeah your car did have a lot of mods i liked it.. too bad you sold it
Mine was a 1997 but I changed to a 1995 rear panel, I prefer the body colored panel to a reflector. Maybe Ill get a Viggen in the spring

#11 ·
What a great idea, theres nothing more fun than haveing a beater car. The last winter I had my 86 GLI, I hit so many snowbanks and not having a car in the world...and it turns out that I couldnt find a single dent/scratch from a snow bank. Oh what fun.

Mark

#12 ·
Marks900SE said:
What a great idea, theres nothing more fun than haveing a beater car. The last winter I had my 86 GLI, I hit so many snowbanks and not having a car in the world...and it turns out that I couldnt find a single dent/scratch from a snow bank. Oh what fun.

Mark
Gotta love that about Saabs. A bunch of my friends are Subaru-nuts ... and the newer imprezzas dent if you so much as lean on them. :lol:

I love my "beater" Saab. I have a 1989 900T automatic. I put a straight pipe where the muffler was*. Now it sounds awesome, cruises around town really well, and if something happens to it, I'm only out $900. :wink: Not bad for a car with only 108K miles when I bought it!

Adrian~

*I discovered something interesting. Most of the interior noise is from the muffler. With a straight pipe, no muffler at all, the car is actually quieter inside! Just a lot louder outside. :wink:

#13 ·
[quote="Adrian W]
I love my "beater" Saab. I have a 1989 900T automatic. I put a straight pipe where the muffler was*. Now it sounds awesome, cruises around town really well, and if something happens to it, I'm only out $900. :wink: Not bad for a car with only 108K miles when I bought it!

Adrian~

*I discovered something interesting. Most of the interior noise is from the muffler. With a straight pipe, no muffler at all, the car is actually quieter inside! Just a lot louder outside. :wink:[/quote]

I have a 1986 C900 T16 5speed as well that is my beater. Mine has a 3" Downpipe and 3"Cat back modded APC, 3bar FPR, HKS RFL BOV and a K&N cone on it. It is nice to have an old school SAAB to beat up on and my 9-3 to feel grown up in! As for the noises mine are all related to my hatch in the back and the SPG body panels but I love the squeeks and rattles since thats what makes it a SAAB!!!

#15 ·
Yeah sweet beater ... have fun! :lol:

And in Montreal with the snow and salt on the street (without mentionning the big holes) it's true that you don't buy a car at the beginning of the winter!

Good luck with your project, hope youll buy another Saab!

Saab's So Sweet!!

#16 ·
SQR-900T said:
I got good money for it...it was a 1997, that is almost 8 years old. I want something newer. And by the way, the new owner is Phil from KIC.
How much you got for it? It was such a great car! I was dreaming of buying it someday. You were desperate to sell it last year! And I remember, at a silly 9K Canadian $$$ :eek: If only I had the money at that time...

Who's Phil and what is KIC?

#17 ·
I sold it for 10000 CAD, this was including all mods, winter tires, and I had just changed tranny, clutch and converted to hydraulic clutch too. The car was mint.

KIC is the company that makes the steering rack brace that Genuine SAAB sells.

I will get something nice in the spring...probably not as fast(thats pretty hard to do for under 50K CAD) but Im sure I will find something that makes me happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.