SaabCentral Forums banner

'93 900 Classic belt diagram

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TooMany2cvs 
#1 ·
Hi guys, hoping someone can help with a diagram for alternator/power steering belts..my 900 has broken one of the alternator belts and in the process, dislodged the other belt off the alternator, so charging light on and no power steering and water pump not turning..Just cannot see how to fit the belts..many thanks Joe

#3 ·
josephk said:
Hi guys, hoping someone can help with a diagram for alternator/power steering belts..my 900 has broken one of the alternator belts and in the process, dislodged the other belt off the alternator, so charging light on and no power steering and water pump not turning..Just cannot see how to fit the belts..many thanks Joe
The power steering belt goes round the power steering pump & crank pulley only.
The paired belts go round crank pulley, alternator and water pump.
The aircon belt goes round crank pulley, aircon compressor and tensioner.

#5 ·
many thanks guys, I take it there are 4 belts, 2 for alternater etc, 1 for aircond and 1 for pwr steering? Sorry about these questions, its just that the car is 1 hr away from my home and have picked up only 3 belts as I am doing this from memory, have only 2 alt belts and 1 aircond, so I take it that the pwr steering belt is seperate again?

Thanks for your help. Joe

#6 ·
josephk said:
many thanks guys, I take it there are 4 belts, 2 for alternater etc, 1 for aircond and 1 for pwr steering? Sorry about these questions, its just that the car is 1 hr away from my home and have picked up only 3 belts as I am doing this from memory, have only 2 alt belts and 1 aircond, so I take it that the pwr steering belt is seperate again?
Yup, the PS belt is separate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.