SaabCentral Forums banner

pics of JT turbo back?

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  comtrang 
#1 ·
i am looking to get the jt turbo back from genuinesaab but im not sure how it will look from the picture, does anyone have pictures of it on their car. thanks i know its an odd thread.

#2 ·
it looks fine...nothing wrong with it....why would u care wut it looks like any ways? its for performance...but it doesnt look bad...comes with a tip polished tip

G
#4 ·
Dr J, that looks HORRIBLE! I've thought about purchasing a JT exhaust myself. Surely they don't all hang off the back with the big ol' muffler sticking half way out. Was that one just mounted poorly? It is reminiscent of my neighborhood's honda civics...

I like my exhaust systems looking flush, like this

and not bulging out like the JT one

#7 · (Edited)
Mine sits a little better, I have to say. The pictures here show a saab without some kind of lip in the rear skirt...As a matter of fact, you can also see the wheel storage box and part of the suspension from that point of view, and it looks down on the car, not up!!

Mine sits better, but remember you're talking about a 3" tube all around the car, its VERY BIG...I chose the two silencers and one stainless tip model (JT62-KSK/2), it fits right and noise is not enormous. The Swedes call the 1 muffler option "for sound lovers", but mine, past 3800 rpm, roars...

Ahhh!! but you will feel the power immediately, better throttle response, etc..

I'll post a photo of how it looks om my 93... :cool:

G
#8 ·
fromero said:
Mine sits a little better, I have to say. The pictures here show a saab without some kind of lip in the rear skirt...As a matter of fact, you can also see the wheel storage box and part of the suspension from that point of view, and it looks down on the car, not up!!

Mine sits better, but remember you're talking about a 3" tube all around the car, its VERY BIG...I chose the two silencers and one stainless tip model (JT62-KSK/2), it fits right and noise is not enormous. The Swedes call the 1 muffler option "for sound lovers", but mine, past 3800 rpm, roars...

Ahhh!! but you will feel the power immediately, better throttle response, etc..

I'll post a photo of how it looks om my 93... :cool:
Please post! Very interested in seeing how it fits.

#9 ·
That rear bumper looks like it has the bottom lip section cut off of it, a common mod on many race prepped cars to reduce the amount of air that the back bumper catches, and the resulting drag and lift.

With that said, I'm not a fan of how the JT looks in that pic, but I think it would be fine painted a flat black.

#10 ·
Guess I'm late to the party, but tomorrow morning I'll take pictures of my recently-cleaned Saab and it's full 3 inches in all it's glory ;)
All jokes aside, it looks pretty damn nice to me. I have it tilted up slightly. It sounds real throaty from behind when taking off, but really doesn't rip it until you're smashing it.
I'll get some pictures with my phone in the morning though - hopefully I'll remember.

#11 ·
I was faster....Its daylight in Madrid !!

Here some photos, from the back and the side.

Definitely, you may paint the rear muffler, it will be more discreet.

I know I will do it one of these days...

Attachments

#12 ·
The last box on the JT system is quite large and set a long way back for tuning reasons [so I've been led to believe]; the 3" all the way through pipe does offer its own set of compromises to bends and route due the the tight fit around the rear cross beam. If you'd prefer a more snug fit, the Jetex/BSR systems are the right choice.
Jetex twin tails? oh yes :cool:

#13 · (Edited)
When I put mine on, (I bought also the downpipe and the racecat) it was a perfect fit, very cleverly done regarding stock supports, tight fit but high quality. The only thing I had to modify was the tailpipe, it was (for my own taste) sticking out too much from the skirt, thus I cutted 2" off it before fitting to the rear muffler.

Oh! I had a can of heat paint in the garage and followed advice and painted the damn mufler, now on the photos you can see how it looks.

Bye..

Attachments

#14 ·
Don't forget the Nottingham car is a NG900 and fromero's is a 9-3 - the rear skirts are quite different so will hide the backbox to differing degrees.

I personally have an Abbot system - good points of which are it fits perfectly on the NG900 (they do a different tail pipe for the 9-3 due to the different skirt) and the baclkbox and tailpipe are nicely polished (mine looking dirty today due to bad weather!!)- bad points of which are the tailpipe design for the NG900 is inwardly rolled which looks HORRIBLE (easily remedied by removing the lip as per mine) and also its WAY WAY too quiet for my tastes - barely louder than standard - which is a real shame as their C900 pipe used to sound absolutely awesome...

#15 ·
Slightly off post...but how do you insert images directly in the text body...I can only do it through thumbnails?

#18 ·
Bulging? Yes mine also :cheesy:

2" cut off before putting chrome end back on? Yes mine also :cheesy:

Painted? No, 6 months of english weather have acheived the same effect :(

/2 noise? Plenty. Would not want the 'noise loving' single box and/or catless version :nono;

My car is very, very, low with the stock skirt. The JT back box is very visible. Abbott one I had before was much more discrete and actually fitted in the socket of the floor pan. JT is good kit, but the back box fitment could be a lot better.

Bovvered? :roll: Um, a bit ;oops:

#21 · (Edited)
The loudest saab sport is the regular one. GS offers a quiet version that has a center resonator welded in for an extra $100.

I am also rather disappointed with the look of the JT.. I thought the single, large angled up tip would look cool, but it sticks out too far and the rear muffler is too low for my tastes. :confused:

#22 ·
True, I was a bit skeptical about how it looked when I first got it on there but now I've really grown to love the look of it. I had my friend drive it while I stood outside and the sound that it makes is really throaty and doesn't exactly get everyone's attention - which isn't such a bad thing. Some may think of it as a ricer kinda look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.