SaabCentral Forums banner

CK3100 Install Pics

9K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  colombo 
#1 ·
Please post pics of your Parrot CK3100 installs. I am looking for ideas on an '05 9-3.

THANKS!!!

#2 ·
Just installed this on my 2005 93 Arc

I just did this install on my 2005 93 Arc which is pre-wired for a hands free kit. It was very simple once I found the correct harnesses; I purchased the following harnesses from Sio Communications (06-109B and 06-223B) and the CK3100 from Expansys-USA. It was all plug and play and the kit works great with my Motorola V600. I have to say it was quite a bit of research on my part but it saved lot of money as my Saab dealer wanted ~$300 just to install the CK3100. Let me know if you would like more info.

#3 · (Edited)
Can you host a picture of where you installed the remote.

FYI, I did a lot of research as well. See my post at:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51444&highlight=ck3100

scooter28 said:
I just did this install on my 2005 93 Arc which is pre-wired for a hands free kit. It was very simple once I found the correct harnesses; I purchased the following harnesses from Sio Communications (06-109B and 06-223B) and the CK3100 from Expansys-USA. It was all plug and play and the kit works great with my Motorola V600. I have to say it was quite a bit of research on my part but it saved lot of money as my Saab dealer wanted ~$300 just to install the CK3100. Let me know if you would like more info.

#5 ·
scooter28 said:
What functionality do you now have? Does the built-in microphone work? Does your mute work on incoming calls? Does the cellphone audio play through your speakers? Do any of the steering wheel buttons work? If so, which ones? I'm trying to help a friend decide on whether to put a hands-free system in his 2005 Arc.

#6 ·
Rob, from what I understand the 2005s that have the pre-wired h/f kit can use the factory mic. Without this pre-wired harness you would have to track down the wires and wire it up yourself which is probably not worth it, IMO. I don't know of anyone who has accomplished this. This harness constitutes the TEL1 phone option and does not allow use of the built-in infotainment system and call/hangup wheel controls. It would work just like a h/f kit installed in an older hatch-based 9-3 - you need the kit's mic and antenna (unless bluetooth so you use phone's antenna). TEL2 uses the built-in phone and all the other goodies but is not available in N. America.

#7 ·
Rob in Atlanta said:
What functionality do you now have? Does the built-in microphone work? Does your mute work on incoming calls? Does the cellphone audio play through your speakers? Do any of the steering wheel buttons work? If so, which ones? I'm trying to help a friend decide on whether to put a hands-free system in his 2005 Arc.
With or without pre-wiring you can have EVERTHING, except steering wheel button functionality, but you also gain automatic voice recognition which offsets the loss of the steering wheel buttons. I am very impressed with the Parrot CK3100. If you are prewired tel1 then get the SIO cable mentioned above if not get the etadyne tel1 cable. You will get infotainment muting, telephone displayed on SID, voice over front speakers, either built-in mic or Parrot mic, voice recognition/voice spotting, Parrot display, other Parrot extras see their web site. The installation is straight forward, you will have to upgrade to a blue tooth capable phone but any brand/carrier will work. I will post picture of mine when I get a chance...

#9 ·
NocBlue said:
With or without pre-wiring you can have EVERTHING, except steering wheel button functionality, but you also gain automatic voice recognition which offsets the loss of the steering wheel buttons. I am very impressed with the Parrot CK3100. If you are prewired tel1 then get the SIO cable mentioned above if not get the etadyne tel1 cable. You will get infotainment muting, telephone displayed on SID, voice over front speakers, either built-in mic or Parrot mic, voice recognition/voice spotting, Parrot display, other Parrot extras see their web site. The installation is straight forward, you will have to upgrade to a blue tooth capable phone but any brand/carrier will work. I will post picture of mine when I get a chance...
Are you sure the Etadyne TEL1 cable will enable the factory mic? If so that's great news to me as that's the route I'll be taking even if I don't get that feature.

#10 ·
johnc_22 said:
Are you sure the Etadyne TEL1 cable will enable the factory mic? If so that's great news to me as that's the route I'll be taking even if I don't get that feature.
You mis-understood, the SIO cable will allow you to plug into the factory mic, if you don't have a factory mic, you can use the Parrot mic which installs in the same spot(or anywhere you want) as the factory mic.

In other words if you have factory installed pre-wiring for phone order the SIO cables. If you don't have any factory pre-wiring order the etadyne tel-1 cable. The other added benefit the factory pre-wiring provides is that you can add the cradle to hold your phone which can re-charge when your phone is docked.

#11 ·
Any update on this, with pics?

Also, where do i get this SIO cable...

I bought the connector for the 375 plug from saabcatalog...will this work just as well. I got everything working, but couldn't get sound from the speakers. Pictures of which wires connect to which for the speakers sound would be helpful. Thanks!

#12 ·
See my other thread at:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51444&highlight=ck3100

You should find everything you need to know there.

DMBeer41 said:
Any update on this, with pics?

Also, where do i get this SIO cable...

I bought the connector for the 375 plug from saabcatalog...will this work just as well. I got everything working, but couldn't get sound from the speakers. Pictures of which wires connect to which for the speakers sound would be helpful. Thanks!

#13 ·
Rob in Atlanta said:
Really the only thing I think I would miss would be the superior hard-wired antenna. One advantage of an in-car kit is the increased range and reception offered by a hard-wired antenna.
Try the Parrot CK3500 instead. It incorporates a gsm (900/1800 only though) module that accesses your sim card data. Looks exactly like 3100 but you can then connect it to the cars antenna.

This is what I will getting next!

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.