SaabCentral Forums banner

vacuum line help

10K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TankTak 
#1 ·
hi all

i changed my vacuum lines with silicone one's, when installing the new lines i might have put a one way valve the incorrect way, can anyone help?
do you have these valves on your car? does anyone have diagram of the vacuum lines????

i have 2 one way vales
the red pipe is for my boost gauge

See less See more
#2 ·
You've put the red/white valve around the wrong way, white part to the rear, red to the front.

The white check valve has small arrows on it. They should be pointing away/down from the left pipe that goes into the cam cover (looking at car left to right)
Hope this helps
p

#4 ·
Hey sorry to bring up an old post but im jst wondering.. Do you know why, in the first picture, your vacuum hoses coming from your cam discolored like that? and did it get worse?

I have a buddy whos 9-5 2.3 is doing the same thing. Its actually a little bit darker then yours, i think its even tacky but the rest is fine (crisp blue). its the 2 like yours (before and after the check valve) and his check valve is going in the correct direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.