SaabCentral Forums banner

To those that need a clutch kit

4K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  losacker 
#1 ·
Just picked up a Luk (Sachs) clutch kit from Amazon part #21-022 $255 shipped - and it came with the slave cylinder ;ol;

#5 ·
I wonder what the torque rating is because that is a fantasric deal. I bought a viggen clutch and pp from a company called importec. I think I paid 376 with a nordic slave and overnight shipping. It was the cheapest viggen kit I found and after 2 1/2 months it has driven really well. Would like to hear more on how it performs when you install though

#6 ·
interestingly enough they list the same part number for the 2.3 (viggen) - no idea if that's just because the clutch size is the same, or if it handles the extra power.

I am planning going to stage 2 at some point... we'll see!

#8 ·
I don't think this is a proper viggen clutch/pp further investigation on the LUK website shows that they do infact list this set for the 2.3L 1999 saab, but they also list it for the 2.0 Liter 1999 saab 9-3. As far as fitting is concerned that is correct, both clutches are interchangeable, the splines on the clutch are the same size, the difference is the strength of the pressure plate and the diameter of the clutch disk. If they are listing it as interchangeable for both models I am skeptical that it is the more beefy viggen set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.