SaabCentral Forums banner

TCS Throttle body

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SaabKen 
#1 ·
Looks like I do need a new throttle body for my 95 Aero (throttle position sensor gone t1ts up).
Could someone tell me what years and what cars had the same throttle body (part no: 91 70 705)?
I thought TCS was introduced in 93 and ran until 95 on all turbos, but the EPC says 94-98 (which I know is wrong). Is the throotle body the same on all TCS cars?

Cheers

N

#4 ·
nefarious said:
Looks like I do need a new throttle body for my 95 Aero (throttle position sensor gone t1ts up).
Could someone tell me what years and what cars had the same throttle body (part no: 91 70 705)?
I thought TCS was introduced in 93 and ran until 95 on all turbos, but the EPC says 94-98 (which I know is wrong). Is the throotle body the same on all TCS cars?

Cheers

N
Look into getting it rebuilt, might be much better than buying another tired one.
Now that most cars have TCS, there are a growing numbe rof rebuilders, cast approx $200.

#5 ·
Do you know anyone in the UK that'll do it?

I can't afford to have the car off the road for ages, because the baby seat doesn't fit in the back of my other runabout.

The car's kinda working OK, apart for throwing the occasional 5 minute strop, and I've bypassed the boost solanoid anyway with an MBC so I don't notice whether its in limp home or not!!

#6 ·
nefarious said:
Do you know anyone in the UK that'll do it?

I can't afford to have the car off the road for ages, because the baby seat doesn't fit in the back of my other runabout.

The car's kinda working OK, apart for throwing the occasional 5 minute strop, and I've bypassed the boost solanoid anyway with an MBC so I don't notice whether its in limp home or not!!
I know of a USA rebuilder that specializes in Saabs, but he is in the USA

Not certain of one specializing in Saabs in the UK, but there must be someone?

#8 ·
SilverMan said:
KevinC - Could you tell me who that is in the US ?
Try these people:

Traction Control Throttle Body for Saab 9000 2.3L Turbo Ultima Ltd. specializes in rebuilding these units. We offer recondition and bench tested, throttle body assembly for Saab 9000 2.3L Turbo, 1992 To 1998. (PN 9109075 and 9170705) Given the high cost of these units, we provide you with a low cost bench-tested alternative. If your Saabs Throttle Body was good for the last 100K miles, (or more) shelling out $800 on a new unit (before any labor) could be quiet painful. Now for the first time, you have an alternative.

Email: Click Here

Phone: (781) 894-0050

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.