SaabCentral Forums banner

Car auto locking??

844 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ambisaab 
#1 ·
I was washing my car the other day and I had all my doors unlocked and my car had locked itself. At first i thought it was my keychain hitting the lock button in my pocket but I eventually took it out of my pocket when it happened for the third time. When i left my keys laying on the ground the car still locked itself. I'm glad I didn't leave my keys in the car.
I've washed my car before and the doors have stayed unlocked the entire time. This is the only time it has happened, I wasn't sure if those pesky trolls were up to this or what.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

#2 ·
AL CAL said:
I was washing my car the other day and I had all my doors unlocked and my car had locked itself. At first i thought it was my keychain hitting the lock button in my pocket but I eventually took it out of my pocket when it happened for the third time. When i left my keys laying on the ground the car still locked itself. I'm glad I didn't leave my keys in the car.
I've washed my car before and the doors have stayed unlocked the entire time. This is the only time it has happened, I wasn't sure if those pesky trolls were up to this or what.

Has anyone ever experienced this?
Yes I have had my car auto lock on many occasions, it will not lock if the key is in the ignition and sitting but for some reason if you take the key out and leave the car it locks itself. I had this happen while i was in a resturant and left the car unlocked with the windows down. The problem with this is that it armed the alarm and as soon as someone walked by it tripped the motion sensor. :roll: This may me a Tech II setting? Someone with a little more experence with these cars could answer that question, Please? :)

I know that the interior sensor can be deactivated, I just wasnt expecting it to arm itself. It also automatically rearms after shutting it off with the remote so I had to shut off the interior sensor..... ;oops: This was a little erritating to have to go out and change the settings while I was enjoying my burrito from "Chipotle". :nono;

#3 ·
Columbus2.0t said:
Yes I have had my car auto lock on many occasions, it will not lock if the key is in the ignition and sitting but for some reason if you take the key out and leave the car it locks itself. I had this happen while i was in a resturant and left the car unlocked with the windows down. The problem with this is that it armed the alarm and as soon as someone walked by it tripped the motion sensor. :roll: This may me a Tech II setting? Someone with a little more experence with these cars could answer that question, Please? :)

I know that the interior sensor can be deactivated, I just wasnt expecting it to arm itself. It also automatically rearms after shutting it off with the remote so I had to shut off the interior sensor..... ;oops: This was a little erritating to have to go out and change the settings while I was enjoying my burrito from "Chipotle". :nono;

maybe your saab was watching your diet and seeking attention.

NO BURRITOES!

#4 · (Edited)
This is normal and is explained in the user manual. If you unlock the car but don't enter it then it will automatically lock after 3 minutes. If you had entered the car then it wouldn't have automatically locked..so your keys, if you had put them in there, wouldn't have been locked in.

It is a safety feature in case you unlock the car by accidentally pressing the key fob while within distance of your locked car. If the doors aren't opened it will automatically lock after 3 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.