SaabCentral Forums banner

Rare genuine saab trunk bag from 1980 5-door?

4K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  crwchf01 
#1 ·
I've been stripping a 1980 5-door recently of it's goodies. Came across this bag in the hatch area, it had the jack inside. Wondering if it's a genuine SAAB bag that came with the car or just something the owner threw in there to keep things tidy? The car in question is in Colorado at the Pull a Part on 33rd and Peoria if anyone local wants to check it out. Last time I was there it still had 4 good soccer ball wheels.

See less See more
#2 ·
Can't imagine that would be original don't think Saab ever endorsed army style patterning

#7 ·
Perhaps it was for a 99. Had lots of new 900s since they were launched in '78. Never saw a bag like that. And in the bag the jack would not fit in the purpose made clip in the floor of the trunk to hold the jack. Perhaps this should be posted in the 99 forum. :cheesy:

#9 ·
That material looks like the stuff Army wet weather gear is made of... Weird. They probably "procured" it by the metric ton when the Swedish Army bought something better. Thank God they didn't decide to use it for upholstery or vert top material... That would be the only thing less appealing than gingham. :eek:

#11 ·
Ah anjum... Is it YOU who "upholstered" your door panels in that crazy print?... Do you have some kind of scanner that alerts you whenever the word is used in the forum, so you can find out who's using the term in vain??? I only ask because you always have something to say in Gingham's defense... Well at least you didn't repost the pictures!

Thank goodness someone invented Plaid, so Gingham wouldn't be lonely.;ol;

#20 ·
Perhaps my education is incomplete. I was of the understanding that plaid, as a pattern had little relation to Tartans, which in the bigger picture of things indicated your clan or affiliation. Most plaids I am familiar with are either work shirts (flannel) or patterns by the Coleman manufacturing company in thier metal "Scotty" coolers and thermoses, along with the Hudson Bay Trading CO.

#21 ·
To be precise plaid is the cloth worn over the shoulder and on the top part of the body in Scottish national dress. It is not the pattern but the article of clothing and the pattern is always tartan as indeed is the kilt worn with it. If you want to go further there is full plaid or half plaid dependent on how the shoulder cloth is worn. But the material is always in tartan pattern.

#22 ·
Yeah... peva is Scottish... So it's kinda like peeing into the wind on this one. :cheesy: I will NEVER interchange Tartan with Plaid again!

BUT... Who put the first "cover" over an engine??? Hmmm? Is it a "hood" or is it a "bonnet"...? I think the Germans built the first motorcar. I wonder what they call it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.