SaabCentral Forums banner

My 9-3 stalling out

994 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  katieblais 
#1 ·
My car, a 2000 saab 9-3 stalled out on me today on my way home from work. I have to get my brakes fixed ... my mechanic told me that the brakes were locking and eventually I would need new ones and that it would cause the car not to run … but I had been stalling (so bad I know). But yesterday and today my car had been stalling out on me … the gas wouldn’t work and it just slowed down and tonight I couldn’t get it to start back up so I had it towed. Do you think it’s an issue related to the brakes or something totally different? Any info you could give me would be great

#4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I am not sure what weight of oil they use, but my last oil change was in February and I wasnt scheduled for another until April. the CEL has been on ... I had my car's turbo totally re-done in October the mechanic, who my dad uses for his saab checked the entire car but I was told that the CEL would continue to stay on so I never thought anything of it. Since I have had my car back sometimes when I start it it gets stuck in neutral so I have to restart and it always jumps into gear, I just figured it was because it was an older car with lots of work done that it was doing that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.