SaabCentral Forums banner

Chirping from Suspension?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  UM_addict 
#1 ·
We have purchased a used '06 9-7x and have noticed a chripring noise coming from what we think is the suspension. Bascially, everytime we go over a small bump we hear it chirp. The dealership where we purchased the car can't figure out where it is coming from, and basically told us just to live with it. We haven't officially picked up the car yet, because we don't want to sign off on it until the problem is fixed.

I'm hoping someone here might be able to give us some suggestions as to what might be the problem so that I can then direct the technicians as to what they should be looking for!

#2 ·
Do you have another dealer around you that you could take it to if you buy it?

Doesn't sound like that dealer is very good.

I would recommend walking away from the deal.

There are so many places to get cars/suvs for cheap now, why would you settle on one where the dealer tells you to "live with it"?

This is the best time in history to walk into a dealer and have them beg you for business...

Jim
'03 9-3, '08 9-7x

#3 ·
We have already left a deposit, as they were to fix the problem by the time we were to pick up the car. So we obviously don't want to walk away from the car because we'll loose our deposit. Not to mention, it was very hard to find a Saab 9-7x, there aren't too many for sale in our area??? And I don't think the dealership are bad guys, I honestly think they're technicians are just clueless about Saab's!

So, any suggestions? Has anybody else experienced this same type of "chirping"?

#4 ·
grease the hood latch really well, the chirp is probably from the hood latch, very common and there is a TSB about this, don't know how they would have overlooked it, but give it a try:D I know it sounds like the chirp is much lower in the suspension, and when I say to apply grease, I mean be very liberal with it.

#5 ·
I agree with Wheels. I was just married and the wedding was not in Chicago where we live so we were making many weekend trips to Louisville (5hrs). Anyways I kept hearing a small "chirp" or metal squeak from what I thought was the front suspension but after opening the hood to fill the washer fluid I found that it was the hood latch that was squeaking. I oiled it with some white lithium grease and so far so good. Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.