SaabCentral Forums banner

E-Mail notification from K&N this morning; new intake available for our cars...

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  S.myrr 
#1 ·
Apparenlty they're offering the "57i" kit for the 2.0t/T engines. It looks like a tube with a mount for the MAF and a cone filter with no heat shield. If that's what it really is, I think the BSR is still a better bet.

Unless, of course, that long tube is for sinking the filter down into the bumper where it would get much more cold air than the short rams from Speed-parts and BSR.

No word on pricing yet. If I find one, I'll be sure to post it.

See less See more
#7 ·
timmehhhhhh said:
Nope it's actually sitting closer to the engine than the BSR :lol:
It does look like it sits a little closer, but did you notice that the second piece of tubing is being used to scoop cold air from under the car and blow on/into the filter? Read the last few steps in the directions and look at pics 17 & 18 ... that is a second intake tube which comes with the kit ... not the SAI tube from the airbox.

#17 ·
The Saab Newbie said:
Buy high speed internet, it's kinda like a turbo 9-3 :p

lol Jeff
At the time I was on Dual T1s, with only 10 other people doing email on it.... our sister company WAS ICG Communications, is now Level 3 communications ;) Their site was just sucking or something.

I don't think anyone has tried this yet. I know someone just got the K&N drop in filter though.

G
#21 ·
As I gift I just received a K&N drop in filter part #33-2337 that SHOULD work in my 06 2.8 V6. I will let you know how it sounds and performs once I get my car back from Sweden.

Hopefully it does make things a little louder, I love that turbo sucking sound!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.