SaabCentral Forums banner

Disarming time for service nag message

15K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  dgsaab 
#1 ·
How do you disable or turn off the "Time for Service" reminder light on a '95 900S?

#2 ·
i believe holding down the 'clear' button for a while does it, hold it until the second beep.

#4 · (Edited)
It it disappears of its own accord, it will only to reappear. Clearing the message is the only option. The message is merely a mileage recorder - nothing else.:)

Of course, make sure that the vehicle has been serviced, or is genuinely in need of one. Service shops are notorious for not clearing the message after work, as can been found in these forums.

HTH

#5 ·
The 'TIME FOR SERVICE' message is governed by the odometer which tells how many miles the car has traveled since the last service. (The service interval is pre-programmed at the factory to suit different markets but it can be reprogrammed with the SCAN tool if required.) The message will be displayed when there are 600 miles left until the next service.

From 1995 onwards the number of days from the last service is also counted so the message will come on after 365 days have elapsed since the last service if the mileage interval has not been reached.

To reset the message:

Hold down the 'CLEAR' button on the SID for 8 seconds.

'CLEAR' will be displayed after 4 seconds and 'SERVICE' will be displayed after 8 seconds.

#6 ·
The 'TIME FOR SERVICE' message is governed by the odometer which tells how many miles the car has traveled since the last service. (The service interval is pre-programmed at the factory to suit different markets but it can be reprogrammed with the SCAN tool if required.) The message will be displayed when there are 600 miles left until the next service.

From 1995 onwards the number of days from the last service is also counted so the message will come on after 365 days have elapsed since the last service if the mileage interval has not been reached.

To reset the message:

Hold down the 'CLEAR' button on the SID for 8 seconds.

'CLEAR' will be displayed after 4 seconds and 'SERVICE' will be displayed after 8 seconds.

My 2000 9-3 SE Convertible is displaying this message. I tried your method to clear it, but "CLEAR" is never displayed, nor does it beep. The next time I turn the ignition on the "SERVICE" message is back. Is there another method to try?

#7 ·
From page 68 of the 2000 Owner's Manual:

This message will be displayed approximately
600 miles (1,000 km) before the next scheduled
service is due, or when 365 days have
elapsed since the last service. The message
should be cleared at the time of that service
(see the Saab Warranties & Service Record
Booklet).
If you have carried out the service yourself, you
can clear the message by pressing CLR once.
Reset by pressing CLR for at least eight seconds,
until ”SERVICE” appears on the display
and a chime sounds

... Ron

#13 ·
The instructions are not as clear as could be, I was a bit confused myself.

When the service message is on the screen, you give the Clear button one short push and release. The message disappears. THEN you push again and hold until the Cleared message appears (about 8 seconds). Then you let go of the button.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.