SaabCentral Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SE Pa Tri-Monthly Meet (K.O.P.)

25K views 239 replies 34 participants last post by  FiveStar 
#1 ·
***Check Latest post for the month and date chosen by the majority! *Will be in large red font!*

Dates: March/April (Spring), June/July (Summer), Sept./Oct. (Fall)

Location: King of Prussia, IMAX Theather - 300 Goddard Blvd, King of Prussia, Pa 19460 (Held in the "side lot" - see map)
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=king+of+prussia+imax+theater&fb=1&gl=us&hq=imax+theater&hnear=0x89c694352c6e632d:0xfa099731bfc15395,King+of+Prussia,+PA&cid=0,0,3713644762220843111&ei=vTAzT4nUPIbe0QHH4bDjAg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CBwQ_BI

Time: Early Afternoons 11am-12pm (for people traveling)

For: ANY and ALL SAABS! even if you're a previous owner and just want to come out, all are welcome!

Previous Thread: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218638

(***Please respect the location, many different clubs hold meets here)

first year turn out:

See less See more
#89 ·
Matt1488 said:
we drive Saabs, its mandatory to carry tools in the car.
And a spare DIC.

rarelibra said:
At some point, I need to see about who would be interested in a wrench-turning weekend sometime this summer.
Would be very interested in that; have a laundry list of stuff I haven't been able to get to and lending a hand (and/or bringing some brews) also makes for a good time.

#100 ·
3 13mm's on the top 2 18s on the hub pull out the whole assembly hit the nut at the top with the impact standing on the spring the cartridge will pop out. Then you get the new springs and or strut since the new springs are always shorter you can just push down on the top mount enough that the threads pop though on the shock then screw the nut on and your done.

as for the rear you need either 2 jacks or one jack and a jack stand because you need to compress the rear control arm with the spring in it to get it back into the hub. As for the top mount its 3 bolts and one bolt on the bottom to pull out the strut.

i got a full set of inverted torx, full set of sockets, an electric impact, and a jack.

#102 · (Edited)
not a problem, keep an eye out for the summer/fall meet

if your on the wrong list, feel free to remove/add yourself
Attending:
1. FiveStar
2. Matt1488
3. dijinn
4. 9-3gotboostAERO
5. stepps
6. imola_red
7. pacotaco
8. MR.SAAB
9. Matrix2008
10. awjones
11. swedishguy
12. 9-3Anniversary (x2?)
13. SaabSS
14. IAmTodd
15. BurnsSide42
16. Bryce804
17. hetzyhetz
18. A Few Volvos From SwedeSpeed

Maybe:
1. Mark_Venture
2. TickTack
3. ji5mmy
4. PRD2BDF
5. stopsign
6. cbm
7. 93o8
8. greenydsm
9. kMayer
10. Adamskii
11. 9-3tea
12. Archersteve

#121 · (Edited)
IAmTodd, I'm between you and KOP. I could probably meet up and cruise the remainder of the way down.

EDIT: Pencil me in, I guess, haha. My brother (mckchr67) is going to come too. Don't know if he'll drive one of his whips or not.

#123 ·
Saying 60% chance of rain on the 24th:eek: didn't plan for a rain date, what is everyones position on this if the weather changes for the worst?
obviously if it's a bad storm all day, we'll postpone it to another date. will stick with another saturday most likely.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USPA1858?dayNum=8

awesome, you going to meet up with IAmTodd and cruise in?

Looks like my saab wont be ready by next weekend. If it is im bringing it, if not ill still come up and meet everyone.
nice, fingers crossed for the saab:lol:

#128 ·
I'm there, I got white t shirts and women if it rains
I don't believe in weather forecasting thats done a week ahead of time. (I hope I won't have to eat my words in a week's time...)
well its good to see that we got some die hards! yes, its still a week away, but if we need to plan for a rain date, now is the time.

they do have multiple parking garages all around the mall, but if we were to the meet under them with 20+ cars, we'd run the risk of being kicked out by Paul Blart (mall cops). but fingers crossed for some sunshine!

#131 ·
true, i just know from the guys i got the location from, they often head into the garages during bad weather and sometimes run into trouble. the other problem would be getting the 20+ cars (if everyone shows) together in a line/one spot.

either way, looking forward to a warm and sunny day!

I'm going rain or shine, no matter what. Going to do some birthday shopping for myself with the old lady.

Would be much better if there were a bunch of saabs to park with!
im not too worried about the weather, just wanted to give those traveling the heads up incase we have some crazy storm pop up.

that's a bonus to the location. even if we get a good hour of chatting and taking some pics, people can head into the mall for lunch or shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.