SaabCentral Forums banner

Spark Plugs

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rishik 
#1 · (Edited)
i have a 1991 Saab 900i 16V 2.0, i noticed some shuddering from her when driving on the motorway last night when deaccelerating between 70 and 50. she is due a service and i thought i'd start by changing the spark plugs but am getting conflicting info from websites and garages:

do i need "bcp5evx" plugs or "bcp6es" plugs - i know the main difference is resistance plus the 5evx is over 4 times the price of 6es!! can someone please tell me if i can or can't buy the cheaper 6es - will it affect perforamce or maybe i should look at a completely different plug all together, maybe the 5es?

i know i need a 10mm socket will something like this do to change them?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toolmaster-10-Piece-Spark-Plug-Socket-Set_W0QQitemZ280315346014QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Hand_Tools_Equipment?hash=item280315346014&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1701%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

many thanks in advance

#7 ·
..........must be a market or climate aspect....

BCP5ES are what's specified for the 2.1l in this southern waste land.

#10 ·
thanks for that shan i took out the bcp6es i put in yesterday as she stalled twice on a 10 mile journey and just didn't feel right. i replaced them with a set of bcp5evx and touch wood no problems, she is roaring like the beast she is!

also grif cheers for the heads up on the heater valve, it was late yesterday, had just resitted my instrument panel to find the thermostat no longer worked. on trying to reconnect end up with the whole linkage loose in my hand, managed for fix in mins after removing the left speaker/vent cover.

does anyone know why when i rev hard i get a few drips spirting out of the exhaust?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.