SaabCentral Forums banner

Advice/Recommendations - Which Exhaust GM 900SE Turbo'97

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jamie 
#1 ·
Right,

I've been looking on the web & various forums to identify what exhausts are available for my 900 SE Turbo. I have listed my findings below.
I would appreciate any feed back from people who have fitted a performance exhaust & how much is cost.
Was it part or full system & what the results were.

Jetex Cat > back £300
Remus Back box only £280
Abbott Racing No prices but part/full system available
JT 3 Speedparts No prices but part/full system available

Thanks in Advance.

:-??

#2 ·
You didn't mention the SaabSport Exhaust.

SaabSport Exhaust: WWW.TheSaabSite.com has it for $435. I actually paid $150 for mine at the junkyard, WWW.Goldwingusedsaabparts.com then $30 under the table at a chain exhaust shop to have it fitted. I noticed a little ease to rev in the higher RPM band. The sound is a nice, faintly metalic rumble. Low pitch, not to be confused with the Ricers loud rattle. I love to listen to it when open window cruising and letting off the gas at high rpm. Hardly any noise intrudes into the cabin with window shut.

#3 ·
Hi there Jamie !

I have the 3" JT full system (catback at the moment though) from Speedparts on my 900 SE -94 and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it at all. It has been working great. When I had the full system insalled all the way from the turbo you could really feel an increase in throttle respons, spool up and torque at low RPM and also as "only" catback there is a difference.
Don't have experience of other systems but at least in Sweden JT seems to be one of the most popular exhaust people use on their Saabs !

Cheers !

#4 ·
Oh yeah...You asked about the price. Elkparts seems to be the UK distributor for Speedparts stuff and the JT catback system is £211.11. They also have som other stuff, check it out here-> http://www.elkparts.com/store/erol.html

Cheers again :cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.