SaabCentral Forums banner

Are you interested in a beefier rear Anit-Roll Bar?

3K views 73 replies 14 participants last post by  79Saab900Turbo 
#1 ·
Well as the post says, are you interested in a stiffer rear bar. Me no likey understeer. I want to send an email to Nick at genuine saab about making one for us, but I'm curious how many other people actually want such a thing. Well, post if you want one.

#2 ·
Raven what shocks and springs are you using? :confused:

#4 ·
Can I be totally dense and ask you to explain what anti roll bars do please? I am particulatly interested on the connection with oversteer / understeer :confused:

#7 ·
Cool link, thanks ;)

So our front wheel drive heavy weights are naturally giving understeer .....yes :confused:

#8 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
Cool link, thanks ;)

So our front wheel drive heavy weights are naturally giving understeer .....yes :confused:
Yes and a Front engine, rear drive car is more naturally neutral and a rear engined porsche is naturally oversteery.

#9 ·
Ok I am getting this now, and understeer is where the car goes round corners far less tha you wanted it too :eek:

#11 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
Ok I am getting this now, and understeer is where the car goes round corners far less tha you wanted it too :eek:
Understeer (AKA tight or pushing) is when you try to turn, but the car wants to go straight on.

Oversteer (aka loose) is opposite, rather the rear of the car tries to go straight and swings out of line.

You can tweak these characteristics with how you setup the suspension.

http://www.wtrscca.org/tech.htm

But the car will almost always show it's natural dedencies in a tight, low speed corner like a hairpin.

#12 ·
Ok so back to the original question:

Yep I'm in :cheesy:

#14 ·
i want an aero said:
:suprised; nobody has suggested a group buy;) :confused:
Didnt they :confused:

Raven18940 said:
Well as the post says, are you interested in a stiffer rear bar. Me no likey understeer. I want to send an email to Nick at genuine saab about making one for us, but I'm curious how many other people actually want such a thing. Well, post if you want one.

#18 ·
Russ we could weld a scaffold pole on, they're cheap :confused:

#20 ·
Shhhhhhhhh ;) ;)

#22 ·
Didn't NGB make a strut tower brace? We need those! I also think a subframe brace is in order. I can feel the rear chassis flex around corners with mild bumps. This is evidenced by the common cracking in the paint above the c pillar. For some reason I thought I saw a race rear ARB for 9-5? I need to find it.

#23 ·
XAAMOTTOMAAX said:
Didn't NGB make a strut tower brace? We need those! I also think a subframe brace is in order. I can feel the rear chassis flex around corners with mild bumps. This is evidenced by the common cracking in the paint above the c pillar. For some reason I thought I saw a race rear ARB for 9-5? I need to find it.
Let's not stray too much here, anyway a stiffer rear bar will help to tighten up the rear end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.