SaabCentral Forums banner

Questions You think are too stupid to ask

878K views 7K replies 1K participants last post by  Mimmi 
#1 ·
I have not noticed one yet for 9-3SS's but I would like to make this thread, The Questions that you think are really stupid to ask thread. I got the idea from the 900 forum this morning as I posted a 9-3 specific question in that room... needless to say they didnt have an answer and they reminded me i was in the wrong year/model/make section of saab central...:(

Wow, this thread really is for the Saab/Mentally challenged individuals. ;) :p ;)

#53 ·
JB9-3 said:
Thanks man, I had no idea. I havent heard any noise or beep yet but Ill definately be adjusting that setting!:cool:
If you haven't heard a lovely chime yet and you haven't adjusted your speed warning, it's either broken or you have never exceeded 56 mph in your car!

I actually find it to be a useful tool. I often find myself driving much faster than I think I am. If you're driving on highways with lots of cops and speedtraps, it's nice to get a warning that you better slow down (I guess that's what a radar detector is for, oh well.) Anyhow, Mine is set at 83, mainly for roads where the limit is 70.

#54 ·
birdman said:
OK, here's a stupid question: I'm pretty sure the manual manual for my 02 9-3 SC says the back seats fold down, but how do you fold them down? There's a little button on the top of the seat that I've fiddled with but I've never actually tried it. :confused:
The levers to unlock the seats, to allow folding them down, is in the trunk.
BTW, If you don't get the seats fully latched when you put tthem back up you get a warning on the SID.

#56 ·
birdman said:
OK, here's a stupid question: I'm pretty sure the manual manual for my 02 9-3 SC says the back seats fold down, but how do you fold them down? There's a little button on the top of the seat that I've fiddled with but I've never actually tried it. :confused:

You have the previous 9-3, right? Well, the seats are more fiddly to fold down, but by using the small levers on top of the seats the seat back should move. But then you have to do a folding maneuver also, which is not necessary in the SS/SC. On the other hand, by tilting the seat cushion you get a flat(ish) floor once everything is been folded.

#57 ·
I love how this thread is stayin alive... :lol:

Stupid Question:
How on earth does the rain sensor work? I read the manual and you are supposed to set the wiper switch to position 2. Once you set it to 2 mine just keep wiping away (which is fine during rain) but what does the sensor do and when/how do I use it??!

#58 ·
hbyrd said:
I love how this thread is stayin alive... :lol:

Stupid Question:
How on earth does the rain sensor work? I read the manual and you are supposed to set the wiper switch to position 2. Once you set it to 2 mine just keep wiping away (which is fine during rain) but what does the sensor do and when/how do I use it??!
it's on the blades.. if you realize if you have your washer blades on rain sensor mode and your driving slow and it's sprinkling out they wont go on.. they have little sensors on the blades so when your going a decent speed the sensors sesnse the rain.

the AUto/rain sensor mode is one notch up from the starting position.. they will adjust slower or faster depending on the rain :p

#61 ·
I tried searching the manual, but on the dash itself it shows the total mileage you have put on the car which is on the left.. on the right there is another number showing milege as well. I'm sure you can clear this becuase in my car they show 2 different numbers. how do you clear that number off?

#64 ·
1sweet2.0 said:
I tried searching the manual, but on the dash itself it shows the total mileage you have put on the car which is on the left.. on the right there is another number showing milege as well. I'm sure you can clear this becuase in my car they show 2 different numbers. how do you clear that number off?
If I'm following you the second milage is the tripometre. Maybe, I've picked you up wrong, but if I want to reset my tripometre (after I refill) I press in the stalk near the trip milage. This sets it back to zero, unfortunately the same thing doesn't work for the total milage reading! ;)

Are we talking about the same thing I wonder?!?:confused:

#66 ·
smcgiff said:
If I'm following you the second milage is the tripometre. Maybe, I've picked you up wrong, but if I want to reset my tripometre (after I refill) I press in the stalk near the trip milage. This sets it back to zero, unfortunately the same thing doesn't work for the total milage reading! ;)

Are we talking about the same thing I wonder?!?:confused:
there isn't a nob you push in.. I know how to clear my "triP' or totaly milege on the SID but that doesn't clear it on the dash...I dunno, maybe I'm not explaining it correctly..

#67 ·
smcgiff said:
Did Charlotte ever own ville?:confused: :D
I do beleive the Charlotte, NC (where i currently am) is founded after a German Queen Sophia Charlotte that was honored by the german people that settled this area. However she never "owned" the ville. As far as Charlottesvile, VA where i got to school.. aka the city of three presidents was formed by charter in 1762 along a trade route called Three Notched Road which led from Richmond to the Shenandoah "Great" Valley. It is named after the same lady...the wife of King George III of England

:suprised;

#68 ·
hbyrd said:
I do beleive the Charlotte, NC (where i currently am) is founded after a German Queen Sophia Charlotte that was honored by the german people that settled this area. However she never "owned" the ville. As far as Charlottesvile, VA where i got to school.. aka the city of three presidents was formed by charter in 1762 along a trade route called Three Notched Road which led from Richmond to the Shenandoah "Great" Valley. It is named after the same lady...the wife of King George III of England

:suprised;
Ask a silly question...

;) :)

#69 ·
Jackie, my trip is not on my SID...(SID is the small screen closest to windshield towards the hood right?) its to the right of the odometer just as you are describing. and to the left of the odometer is a small plastic knob that resets this.

maybe we still dont get what you're talking about ;oops:

#70 ·
1sweet2.0 said:
there isn't a nob you push in.. I know how to clear my "triP' or totaly milege on the SID but that doesn't clear it on the dash...I dunno, maybe I'm not explaining it correctly..
You know the "set" knob to cycle to bring up the different info i.e. Temp, MPG etc. When you've brought up the "trip" milage push in this button/knob for approx 2 seconds and you'll hear a beep and you'll be able to reset it. I think it's tied into the time to arrive info.

Hope this helps.

#72 ·
smcgiff said:
You know the "set" knob to cycle to bring up the different info i.e. Temp, MPG etc. When you've brought up the "trip" milage push in this button/knob for approx 2 seconds and you'll hear a beep and you'll be able to reset it. I think it's tied into the time to arrive info.

Hope this helps.
that's what I'm talking about.. I can clear milege on the SID, but not on the dash where the total milege is and odometer and stuff is.. Maybe I'll take a pic and post it up and Ill circle the part that I'm talking about.

#76 ·
i have heard that there is a way to close your sunroof through the key.. how is that done? ACtually it's something like any windows are open and/or the sunroof, you press the key and all of them will close. I heard you can program this on your own...anyone know how too?