SaabCentral Forums banner

Sprot Exhaust Sound...

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  jmcorsi1172 
#1 ·
All you guys w/ the Aeros - does the sport exhaust 'sound' any different, ie, louder or more sporty, than the one on the Arc /Linear?

The Saab catalog says something like...more powerful sound...

I drove an Aero this weekend, and did'nt notice any difference. :eek: I know the arguments about this sport exhaust not really being better than the stock one, but just curious regarding sound inside or outside the cabin. Thanks.

#2 ·
I have installed the sports exhaust on my linear and it does not sound any different from the factory installed one. When I read the line "more powerful sound" in the catalog I was concerned that it would sound like my neighbor's honda. I jump to to ceiling everytime in starts the car. There is a loud rumbling sound to his exhaust. Not so with mine fortunately.

I got it for the looks (with the body kit) not for the sound.

#6 ·
rfortier said:
I have installed the sports exhaust on my linear and it does not sound any different from the factory installed one. When I read the line "more powerful sound" in the catalog I was concerned that it would sound like my neighbor's honda. I jump to to ceiling everytime in starts the car. There is a loud rumbling sound to his exhaust. Not so with mine fortunately.

I got it for the looks (with the body kit) not for the sound.
I think the more powerful sound comes on only when you accelerate under engine load. The exhaust airflow during deceleration/acceleration, during idling and during hwy cruising are all different, making the sound different under different operating conditions.

My Magnaflow exhaust muffler gives a deep rumbling (but not loud at all) note during idling. When cruising at 80-120 km/h, you hardly hear the magnaflow exhaust. But when you accelerate through the gears and the engine revving up from 2000 to 5000 rpm, the magnaflow simply growls deeply. When I picked up my nephews from the airport who are visiting from Singapore, they were surprised how aggressive the Magnaflow sounded, not ricey, but just gives the car a really powerful note during acceleration.

#13 ·
jazman, they do cut the pipe... its at a good section though. just one slight turn which you can actually see on solid155's pic.

if you are wanting performace you are going to have to do a downpipe back system with our cars... if you want to spend less money have a better looking and sounding car the magnaflow is the way to go.

---------------------------------- EDIT --------------------

I am adding the link to my craip dump site which has a few videos of the exhaust taken from my digital camera... not great but you can hear the magnaflow!!

http://home.nc.rr.com/callip/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.