SaabCentral Forums banner

Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals May 18-20, 2012

13K views 113 replies 29 participants last post by  FiveStar 
#1 · (Edited)
#12 ·
I'm assuming this is Carlisle, PA, where the US Army War College is? Is there a list of hotels near the show area? I'm giving some serious thought to attending this with my c900 T16 'vert, but it's a 5-6 hour drive one way for me from Norfolk, VA, so I need some hotel info. Checked out the website, and I'll probably do that advance purchase for the non-judging showfield parking. Would love to see a bunch / gaggle / pod / herd / cluster / of Saabs all in one place!

#13 ·
Please do! And yes, it is where the war college is located (I usually stay there). Last year we had almost 300 Saab there representing from the 1960s to 2011. We even had a Jeep Viggen with a Saab 2.3L engine (loved hearing that blowoff valve!). It's a great time.

Make sure you do the judging parking - the Saabs@Carlisle judge their own. And you can park amongst family... hah. And you'll get to see things like drunk Volvo drivers that get DUIs and a 1-watt class IV laser that can touch the sky....

#26 ·
I would love to bring both the 9-5 and 9-3, but that would mean that we would have to drive separate, so only bringing back the 9-5... but since last year's Carlisle, I have new shoes on it, upgraded injectors, and it will be freshly painted from getting the dings fixed (along with painting the rear bumper piece).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.