SaabCentral Forums banner

Stalling 9000

911 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  fn0w 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 1992 9000, lately it has been bucking and stalling out during slow speeds. This has been happening intermitantly. For example it will be cruising fine at top hingway speed,when I slow down at an intersection this is when it happens. I shut the ignition off then turn it back on then I'm on my way until it happens again.;oops:

#2 ·
i have the same problem

only difference is i drive an 88 9kT ...im told from a local saab owner down the street who is the presidwnt of the san diego car owners club it is probobly the idle air valve (i think thats what he called it) a canister with teo hoses that sits on to of my intake not sure if you have it ....but ima clean it out with carb cleaner this afternoon and ill let you know how it goes that what he suggested i do before buying the 90$ part.....hope this helps ill post my results ...

#3 ·
Does it have TCS??

hwrdall said:
I have a 1992 9000, lately it has been bucking and stalling out during slow speeds. This has been happening intermitantly. For example it will be cruising fine at top hingway speed,when I slow down at an intersection this is when it happens. I shut the ignition off then turn it back on then I'm on my way until it happens again.;oops:
My '95 9000 Aero 5-speed has TCS and it was the ground strap to the ECU that casued it to stall after coming to a stop!!;oops:

#6 ·
Hooter valve is the most likely issue. Though made of cheapo plastic the stock part is more than up to the job. They do fail and the symptoms are as you describe.

Sometimes the little PCV blocking valve fails which can cause issues.

A dirty throttle plate can cause these symptoms.

The AIC valve is anvil reliable and although it might fail this is unlikely, extremely unlikely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.