SaabCentral Forums banner

Possible clutch problem?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Alanb 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm currently driving a 96 Aero that was Abbottised during the summer. In the past couple of weeks I've noticed that my clutch pedal seems to be giving the sole of my foot a wee tap as I either engage or release it. There's no other problem, gear change is smooth and I haven't noticed any fluid drips. Does anyone recognise this as a precursor to a larger problem?

#2 ·
Welcome to SaabCentral, Gordy.

Sounds like wear in the clutch pedal or linkage. My '96 Aero does it too and the bite changes slightly when it goes "click", but I haven't found out yet which bit to replace to stop it. It does this sometimes while engaging the clutch and sometimes while disengaging.

It's been doing it now for almost as long as I've had the car, and it's had a new clutch in that time (precautionary measure when the engine and gearbox were out), so that's not it. I'm living with it and don't expect it to cause a major failure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.