Oil Pressure / Temp monitoring

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Raven18940 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Three birds me Olde Matey!

Oil temp / Oil Pressure & Extra Oil cooler :cool:

#8 ·

Does anyone here know the size of that o-ring on the oil filter housing (the big bolt to the right of where the two blue fittings joining the oil cooler hoses go? mine's seeping from there :(

--lg

#9 ·
XAAMOTTOMAAX said:
You have to remove the starter to get to the stock pressure switch. This might make fitting anything larger very difficult. Something to consider....
Why remove it? We know its poor at sensing low pressure, i.e lights when its very, very low :eek:

The feed for the new (and accurate) oil pressure gauge would come from the sandwich plate above.

My only question would be, where to mount the gauges, as I dont like those pillar pods :confused:

#10 ·
Chris interesting comment about the pillar mount. I want to add an oil pressure guage and a volt guage but can't seem to figure out a place to do the mounting. Maybe some of our forum members who have addressed this problem could post some pictures? I'm trying to find a solution that does not require hacking up the dash board or panel. The "a" pillar mount seems like an easy solution but is not my first preference. There may be some digital solutions that would offer smaller guage faces and require less fitting modifications to the dash. Thanks, Dan:confused:

#11 ·
denmaster said:
Does anyone here know the size of that o-ring on the oil filter housing (the big bolt to the right of where the two blue fittings joining the oil cooler hoses go? mine's seeping from there :(

--lg
Sadly I don't know, but I know that's the oil thermostat housing. Perhaps the dealer will have a replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.