SaabCentral Forums - View Single Post - new best 1/4 times stg 3 auto
View Single Post
Old 28th February 2012
Saab Lunatic
Join Date: Nov 2011                                                
My Saabs: .

Originally Posted by droppedf100 View Post
Well its a T7 for one and she tried it with the tcs off and it went a 15.0 with a 2.4 60ft spinning bad and shifting into 2nd way early.
And as far as all those cars go your comparing apples to oranges as stick rear wheel drives with slicks don't really compare much to a fwd auto on regular street radials.
And her car doesn't make 280hp its not an SE it makes maybe 260 with the small stock turbo. Being a 4 door hatchback I doubt it weighs 3000lbs either. If you think its slow by all means build one and show me how its done. I'm no Saab mechanic its my gfs car and I helped her fix it up.
With the TCS off, she spun 1st and went into 2nd too early: That explains the slower time.
My Mark VIII is heavy and runs on street tires. The old FOX body was an example of how fast light cars should be.
Do more research on curb weight before calling me out on it:

Pulled from link: "Curb Weight, lbs. 3140 2990 3040"

If people have 550 HP and can only run a 13 flat, something is either seriously lacking with the suspension or the car is set up wrong, or they have no idea how to get the car to hook or drive it.

If you can get a leaf spring F150 into the 10's (probably a 460 engine I'm guessing), then getting 260 HP Saab into the high 13's should be a cakewalk.

Last edited by Pontius DIO; 28th February 2012 at 03:20 PM.