SaabCentral Forums - View Single Post - new best 1/4 times stg 3 auto
View Single Post
Old 28th February 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2011                                                
My Saabs: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by droppedf100 View Post
Well its a T7 for one and she tried it with the tcs off and it went a 15.0 with a 2.4 60ft spinning bad and shifting into 2nd way early.
-----------
And as far as all those cars go your comparing apples to oranges as stick rear wheel drives with slicks don't really compare much to a fwd auto on regular street radials.
-----------
And her car doesn't make 280hp its not an SE it makes maybe 260 with the small stock turbo. Being a 4 door hatchback I doubt it weighs 3000lbs either. If you think its slow by all means build one and show me how its done. I'm no Saab mechanic its my gfs car and I helped her fix it up.
-----------
With the TCS off, she spun 1st and went into 2nd too early: That explains the slower time.
-----------
My Mark VIII is heavy and runs on street tires. The old FOX body was an example of how fast light cars should be.
-----------
Do more research on curb weight before calling me out on it:
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...saab-9-3-6.htm

Pulled from link: "Curb Weight, lbs. 3140 2990 3040"

-----------

If people have 550 HP and can only run a 13 flat, something is either seriously lacking with the suspension or the car is set up wrong, or they have no idea how to get the car to hook or drive it.

-----------

If you can get a leaf spring F150 into the 10's (probably a 460 engine I'm guessing), then getting 260 HP Saab into the high 13's should be a cakewalk.

Last edited by Pontius DIO; 28th February 2012 at 03:20 PM.