SaabCentral Forums banner

1997 900S Audio wiring diagram

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Wozzas 900S 
#1 ·
Hi all,

New to the forum, so in order to encourage the information flow, allow me to buy everyone a virtual beer... :cool:

I've recently become the proud owner of a 1997 900S convertible, complete with Sony head unit and CD changer. I wanted to change back to the standard head unit, so I have purchased a Saab Audio System 2 unit and Clarion CD changer. When I came to replace the Sony head unit, the person who installed it didn't use a wiring harness and just spliced the standard DIN plugs into the factory wiring.

Obviously the DIN wiring isn't compatible, so I wanted to get hold of a wiring diagram to check I'm getting everything in the right place. I've read through many other posts on here and seen lots of people mention wiring diagrams, but so far the only one I've seen is Richard's pin-out diagram of the factory head unit.

Does anyone actually have a diagram of the audio system on this model please?

Many thanks...

---------------------------------------------
"Smile" they said. "Things could be worse"

I smiled... Things got worse.
---------------------------------------------

See less See more
#2 ·
The factory head unit also used DIN plugs, so they may not have done much damage, if any, if your Sony also uses DIN plugs. Richard Bevan's pin-out is the official wiring diagram. The factory radio just has the two DIN plugs, one for the antenna, and a 13-pin DIN cable for a Clarion C-Bus changer.

#4 ·
Jeremy R. said:
The factory head unit also used DIN plugs, so they may not have done much damage, if any, if your Sony also uses DIN plugs. Richard Bevan's pin-out is the official wiring diagram. The factory radio just has the two DIN plugs, one for the antenna, and a 13-pin DIN cable for a Clarion C-Bus changer.
Thanks guys... what I really need though is the wiring color chart to make sure that I'm connecting the correct wires from the harness into the right post, according to Richard Bevan's diagram.

The problem I have is that the Sony also uses DIN plugs and presumably follows the ISO conventions for pin outs, but there are a number of wires from the car harness that are not connected into the DIN plug - they are just loose behind the head unit. I guess these wires are for the connection to the SID and the power for the Bus, but I don't know which is which...? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Any thoughts? T.I.A.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.