SaabCentral Forums banner

I am going to cry if i cant figure this out!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LpSaab 
#1 ·
I have an 85 900 SPG. I just got the thing out of the shop for a new clutch(500 smackers). Anyway, I drive it home and turn the ignition off. Alittle red light stays on my dashboard. I fiddled with the ignition, thinking maybe I didnt turn it all the way, but the light stayed on. Its the oil light, and it also lights up a spot to the right of the oil space. It is driving me nuts! I have to unplug my batt. every time I go to work. Also, the idiots who did my clutch apparently unplugged a few things here and there, so now my turbo will not enguage fully. about half way up the apc in yellow, then she sputters, so I have to back off it. Also, the large(about 1 inch diameter) hose that is on top of my manifold almost sqeezes flat when the car idles. Maybe a re-enforced hose? I bought the car for 500 bucks, and Ive already sunk almost a grand into it, so I am stuck with my saab. Till the wheels fall off!!

#3 ·
Here is a common scenario:
The light is caused by a wire, maybe the blue oil pressure switch wire, being plugged into the wrong place on the back of the alternator. Put the blue wire on the switch next to the oil filter. Plug the green and white wire onto the alternator, but not on the the terminal the blue was on, the other one.
Replace the collapsed hose.
See if the plastic valve next to the coil has 2 wires and 3 hoses on it.

#4 ·
I'm with Jim on this one. When I replaced my alternator way back when I remember having the same problem with the light on the dash staying on. Finally discovered that some wires on the alt. had been hooked up wrong. Although...why they had to disconnect the alternator or muck about with its wires I don't know:roll: (never done a clutch before either though so...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.