SaabCentral Forums banner

Repair Advice

747 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ScoopSS 
#1 ·
Yesterday, some jerkoff switched lanes almost on top of me to make a freeway junction, i swerved to the right and my car went over an island (60 mph prolly). Instantly the left tires blow and i saw sparks. I pull over, the tires are blown on the left side, call roadside assist, they tow the car.

most likely i have dented rims, blown tires, and need an alignment.

the dealer wants 98 dollars to take off the rims to see whats wrong. knowing them I wont get anything done with them (way too expensive).

is it wise to tow my car home, take the rims off and go to the rim fix shop, get them fixed, get tires fitted and then put them on. then go to a real shop, get an alignment and see if anything else is wrong?

#4 ·
To fix your rims, check out Wheels America: www.fixrim.com. They seem to be one of the better deals out there.

As for your car, since you're in LA, you should take it to Walter Wong (www.saabtech.net) and have him look over the car and do any repairs necessary. He's at La Cienega and Venice Blvd., just off the 10 fwy. Plus he provides loaner cars while yours is getting fixed. I'd have him look the car over before you do anything.

Great drivers we've got out here, huh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.