SaabCentral Forums banner

2003 Saab Arc Due to change Transmission fluid

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Woodsta 
#1 ·
Hello,
When am I due to replace the transmission fluid in a 2003 9-3 Arc Automatic transmission. My manual doesn't specifically say when, i do not have the service manual. I called and question somebody about it and he seems to think that it has long life fluided in it and is not due at 60,000 miles and is due later. Anybody out there know when for sure?

#2 ·
Well thru 05' MY it was to be done at 90,000 miles one area of the manual stated.
In 06' however the interval went down to 60,000 miles. When I was in for my 60 k service they recommended it as Saab just changed the schedule.
Changing the fluid certainly won't hurt anything but I'd do it at least this often.

#3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your help, so from 2003-2005 the manual says it shouldn't be done untill 90,000 miles this correct?

Then in 2006 they changed it down to 60,000 miles, correct?

I purchased an extended warrenty, and just need to make sure that I keep everything on schedule.

#4 ·
rageagainstjg said:
Hi,

Thanks for your help, so from 2003-2005 the manual says it shouldn't be done untill 90,000 miles this correct?

Then in 2006 they changed it down to 60,000 miles, correct?

I purchased an extended warrenty, and just need to make sure that I keep everything on schedule.
Yes and yes.

You should change it though if you're going to keep the car for a while.

#5 ·
That is true with the Automatic transmission. However, what still bothers me about the 5 spd manual transmission is that we do not change the fluid. I have confirmed this with a few people. But I still think after a 100,000 kms that the clutch or some other part of the transmission is going to fail due to dirty transmission fluid? I am really gentle with the clutch and on my last car I did about 180km with the same clutch. It still had a lot to go but I sold the car and bought a 2004 SAAB. I am telling you this because I was also told that when you change the clutch the transmission fluid will get changed, but that will probably not apply to me.

Regards,

#7 ·
JonV said:
Is there a Service Bulletin on this? This seems like it's based on word off mouth, I just had a 60k Service last month without a T fluid change?
I believe there was. Still, nothing changed in the tranny from 05' to 06' so it would be wise to change it.

Toronto, manual fluid doesn't wear like auto fluid does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.