SaabCentral Forums banner

Proper place to jack up car

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  a3holerman 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just picked up my 8th Saab, a 06 with the performance package and 62K miles.
I need to know the proper place to put a floor jack to do a brake job.
It seems,according to the manual, there is kinda a "V" notch on the seam where the supplied jack goes. It looks like a floor jack,with hockey puck as protection, might bent this seam. I was going to use the square frame rails which are inside this seam. Are these a good point?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Tom

#2 ·
I don't have a good answer to your question, but I wonder if there are any "jacking pads" the the 9-5. I don't have any hockey pucks and cut a 2x4 with a slot it it, but it cracked. Might try some plywood, but even 3/4" is a little thin to cut a slot. Maybe glue two pieces of 3/4 together.

#7 ·
I use the round node on the middle of the front frame with hockey puck and hydaulic jack and then put V-groove jack stands with poly covers over them in the jacking points on the sides you are talking about.

In the rear, I use the the towing hook mount with hockey puck and hydaulic jack.

#10 ·
I use one of these.

I got it from Eastwood almost 12 years ago but their current price is getting ridiculous. This adapter replaces the cup on my floor jack and the body seam slides into the slot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.