Although the administrators and moderators of SaabCentral Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable
messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of
the author, and neither the owners of SaabCentral Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin)
will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar,
sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Furthermore you also agree to abide by the forum terms & conditions as set out below.
The owners of SaabCentral Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Forums: Terms & Conditions of use
- Moderation of Saabcentral is made possible by a volunteer team of Saab enthusiasts. Each forum has assigned moderation. Please reach out to the forums moderator if you need assistance or use the “report” feature. Note that more serious decisions and actions taken by forum moderators are often completed through group consideration and are not the based on the single opinion or action of a one moderator.
- Moderators and Administrators have final word in anything and everything. If you have a problem or a complaint, direct it to them, not to the general forums. Using the forum tools “Report Post” and “Report Image” is the best way to point Admins and Mods to the offending content. Reporting does not always equal visible action. The Saabcentral team will review, discuss and take appropriate action. This applies to issues with the forum in general, as well as issues with other members.
- Each member is allowed one account. Multiple user account registrations for one individual are not permitted. When discovered, we reserve the right to delete, revoke or merge any or all of these accounts, without further notice.
- This is an automotive forum and should be kept as such however it’s reasonable that members will discuss non-Saab activities and projects. Threads of this nature should be started in “The Lounge”. Discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly and can lead some members into verbal attacks or language they might not have otherwise used. In turn, the participating members could receive warnings, infractions and temporary and/or permanent bans from the forums. Authoring or participating in a thread exciting this behavior is forbidden. Please report content of this type immediately.
- Comments that could be construed as being potentially libellous may lead to SaabCentral being held responsible in a court of law. Contrary to popular belief, disclaimers of any type carry no legal weight whatsoever. Any potentially libellous material posted on SaabCentral will be removed as soon as it is noticed.
- The use of bad language, racist or other offensive remarks is forbidden, as is posting swear or rude words in such a way to get around the Saabcentral bad language filter.
- Outside links. Links to commercial websites are only allowed where they are in context with the relevant thread/post, furthermore the link must be a 'Third-Party' recommendation only. Links to any other Saab websites are allowed when they are in context within the thread/post. The posting or use of images, graphics or avatars containing links to other websites, or any other type of advertisement are expressly forbidden.
- There is strictly no free advertising, including commercial market research or commercial product support allowed anywhere or in any context within these forums unless the member is an existing Saabcentral sponsor.
- 'Any gratuitous posts, basically only containing a link away from this site will be removed immediately.
- 'Bumping' (otherwise known as posting simply to bring your thread back to the top) of topics is not allowed. Please allow some time for a reply to your posts.
- SaabCentral cannot condone the promotion of any illegal activities through these forums, any such posts will be locked or removed. This could include street racing, piracy of copyrighted material, software, etc. Any references will be removed immediately.
- Any posts or threads particularly in the 'Lounge' forum, construed to be what we can only term as 'rubbish' or an attempt only to increase post counts (which does seem to be on some peoples agenda) will be deleted immediately without further notice. Continued abuse of these terms & conditions may result in the users posting rights being restricted or removed completely.
- Anyone considering a Group Buy or promoting a group purchase, from a site sponsor or not, must contact one of the site Moderators or Admins for authorization.
- SaabCentral cannot and does not guarantee accuracy or warranty of any type or form for any advice or information provided on this website. Be careful of those claiming expertise or having certain credentials they may or may not have. Should you choose to follow any advice provided by a member of SaabCentral, it is entirely at your own risk.
SaabCentral reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.