SaabCentral Forums banner

Mesh Grille

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  stevehayes01 
#1 ·
Could anyone tell me where i could find a mesh grille for my 1999 saab 9-3 se..any ideas on how to make one..i also want for my lower bumper by my fog lights..any ideas what to do?

#4 ·
Do you mean behind the little grille inserts next to the fog lights? If so i just cut out a peice of mesh to fit behind the little grille. Then if you look behind that grille you can see a small hole almost in the center of it which is perfect if you find a screw and washer. I just used that hole and screw to hold the mesh in place behind the grille. Looked great! Until i took them off...

#9 ·
On the 9-3 Grill it is very easy as the grill just snaps apart and you can seperate the black backing plate.

Goto Home Depot, etc... and buy gutter gaurd and a can of rust inhibitor and spray the mesh first and let dry ( you will be glad you did this).

Then lay the gutter gaurd over the black backing piece and cut the necessary slots in it to allow for the clips to go through and connect the chrome piece again. Once you do that cut off any extra that may overlap past the grill piece and reassemble the front and back pieces.

On the lower air damm its a little harder as there is no mounting points there so to say.. I will take pictures of how mine is mounted and post them up later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.