SaabCentral Forums banner

Help! Headlight problems

756 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  galaendewagen 
#1 ·
So my SID has been giving me a headlight out message for the past few days, and i finally got around to checking it out this afternoon. The right headlight beam is out so I removed the head light assembly and checked to see if the bulb was burnt out. It looks brand new. As i was looking around where the headlight assembly goes i saw that my headlight washer motor was open, the back plate looks as if it had fallen off, and that there were many parts, mostly motor arms and wheels hanging on for dear life. Could this be the reason for the headlight out? Does anyone know how to rebuilt the headlamp washer motor? I will take some pictures and post them asap. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
-ben

#3 ·
Thanks for the guide to the wiper motor. Now i need some help on how to get the damn bulbs out of the headlight housing. I was able to take the lens off the assembly and sort of get a look at the bulb, but i couldnt figure out how to get the bulb out. I unscrewed the back of the housing but i can't figure out how to get the metal wiring off so i can remove the bulb? Whats the trick?

#4 ·
PMI might come along and grace you with a lovely photo in a minute, but in the meantime,

The bulb is held in by a metal spring clip. If you feel around the middle of the bulb, you'll find the clip. It needs to be moved toward you and left (I think its left anyway!) and it will detach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.