SaabCentral Forums banner

I need help: Aftermarket Radio Install in 2000 9-3 SE

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  turboAERO 
#1 ·
So I decided to tackle the task of installing my Pioneer headunit in my car, but I seem to be at an impasse. I purchased the wiring kit and 1/4 DIN tray from genuinesaab.com. I connected all the wires as instructed but I am not getting any sound whatsoever out of any of the speakers.

My thoughts: Since my car has the premium sound system with the amplified door speakers, must I do something special in order to bypass the factory amplifier? Or must I purchase/create a custom adapter to go from the amp plug to RCAs to connect to the Pioneer headunit?

Or should the radio work with just the regular wiring harness, and I should go back and check my work?

Also, I did not realize until now that I also need an antenna adaptor, so I will have to buy one of those too.

#2 ·
your speakers should work fine....the factory amp is just for the door subs...no matter what they are bypassed....you must have hooked or not hooked something up

G
#3 ·
is the head unit powering up at least? and if it is then yes go back and check your wiring...it is strange that you are not getting any sound even out of your front and rear speaker, and sense i dont have the stock amp in my new car i dont know much about it...but in my c900 and 9k i did take the stock amp out and ran a alpine 4 way amp to the speaker b/c of the hassle with the stock amp.

I would say to disconnect the stock amp and just hook up the headunit to the front and rear speakers for now, just to figure out if that is your problem...if no sound still you may have a faulty head unit or you have some serious wiring problems and I would take it to a stereo shop and pay the extra cash to make them figure out the problem so you dont have to curse at it for hours and they do:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.