SaabCentral Forums banner

Forge BPV springs

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Si 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm running a Maptun Stg3 with 3" DP and piping all the way back with GS's open air intake as well as the upgraded pipe to the turbo. I just realized that i never checked what spring was in my BPV (it came with three: yellow, green, and blue) do any of you know what the boost rating is for the stg3 and if I should change the spring to one that will tolerate more pressure? any help would be great. Thanks!

#2 ·
bump.

I consistently hear of people boosting well into the red on stg3. i'm barely tapping that, is it possible my bpv is dumping boost b/c i have a weak spring in? i was thinking about the yellow spring rated at 15-23 psi, should be the one to put in. pls lemme know!

#3 ·
Patty at Forge monitors the forums so you'll probably get an answer soon.

#5 · (Edited)
Update

I installed the yellow spring rated at 15-23 psi and went to work. on the way there no difference. now that i just got home, the drive was amazing. boosting and holding steady at almost half into the red. after a bit of digging it seems that stg3 is right at 22-23 psi, so for anyone else new to this who's thinking about the forge bpv, make sure you put the yellow spring in if you have maptun stg3.

#6 ·
mike saunders said:
Patty at Forge monitors the forums so you'll probably get an answer soon.
Just during the week :cheesy:

Is 22-23 the peak or does it spike beyond that? You may want to try a shim with the yellow or move up to the blue. And from you just described there may be some short adaptation period so you may want to give it a few drives before you settle on the best set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.