SaabCentral Forums banner

So i decided to go wingless, with eyelids!!

2K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  hkayssi 
G
#1 ·
So i saw a picture of a viggen the other day and fell in love with the look and decided to be a little copy cat....its just the wingless look of the 9-3 front grill painted all gloss black with the black mesh...then decided to try and add some eyelids inside the lights (black as well).

But daylight is gone and still waiting for the glass to dry so i'll have some pics up tommorow to see what everyone thinks:cool:

....and sorry to all of you out there that would like a 9-3 grill for ur 900 but i had to do it and hopefully wont regret it:roll:

G
#9 ·
:lol: well sorry about the wait....but the damn paint didnt dry until it was dark yesterday.... so now the moment uve all been waiting for,

A before pic,

and after everything,

The eyelids are hard to see in the pics and really didnt turn out nearly as nice as i wanted them too, so I will prob b redoing them, but the grill i think turned out as great:cool:

G
#11 ·
:roll: im not too happy with them...but they do give it a lot more aggressive look at night with the lights on, but i need to work more on them

....and if u can tell the grill isn't put in perfect yet, i just kinda through it together for the pics, its missing the rubber seal

G
#17 ·
the fogs stopped working (and never was that happy with them) and running into snowbanks made sure that the bottom mesh would never b found again...it just gives me a reason to try something new:cheesy:

G
#26 ·
hkayssi said:
If they were available my friend I would've bought one. Having to make one is a real PITA but it'll be one of a kind at least.

I'm also making a Draken style rear wing once the grille is done. It should be ready in July :cheesy:
make me one!!!:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.