SaabCentral Forums banner

Headunit ?

500 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  comtrang 
#1 ·
I have a 96 900se I would like to put a cd player in the front. I would prefer to put a newer 9-3 in-dash cd player in my 900 but I don't know if it is possible, anyone know? also if thats not possible I was thinking something aftermarket, and if so can anyone suggest good aftermarket in-dash cd players, if so can circuit city or best buy install them on saab's or do they need special wires or equipment?? Thanx also my front in door speakers suck, rattle and kinda blown, anyone suggest any good aftermarket door speakrs? I was thinking of alpine, or infinity. Any suggestions? Thank you.

#2 ·
I'm not sure about the 9-3 headunit fitting into your NG900. I'm sure someone else will. As far as headunits at to buy though, I would recommend Pioneer, Alpine, or Eclipse, but I personally would stay away from Sony. They make excellent TV's but have yet to be impressed with any of their audio stuff.

Speakers - you will basically just have to go and listen to the stuff that they have available. I like Circuit City better than Best Buy because they seem to be a bit cheaper and their customer service (at my location anyway) is way better. I am a huge fan of Kicker speakers. Good sound quality and a good amount of bass if they are amped. If you're looking for strong bass, get a 4-way amp for your speakers, or don't if you don't care.:cheesy: Alpine is also a good speaker manufacturer.

Go shop around, and most importantly, listen to different speakers, amps, and head units. As far as sound goes a good amp makes a huge difference (as do the others of course, amps just seem to be more overlooked).

Good luck!

#4 ·
I'd suggest Rockford Fosgate if you're looking toward amps, and Kicker if you happen to be into subs. I agree with the person above who said stay away from Sony headunits. Alpine, although I like mine a lot, the buttons are pretty unconventional because of their similarity in size/shape with each other, but it looks and sounds great. Pioneer is a good choice though, as mentioned. For door speakers, if you've got the funds, I'd probably do Infinity. If not, just do what was already mentioned - try to listen to some. And if you're really planning on blowing your music like I do, be sure to have good 6x9s in the back. I put in 4-way Pioneers and they sound pretty damn nice.
Ultimately just do whatever fits your budget that has a reputable name, get an amp if you like it loud, and stay away from Sony products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.