SaabCentral Forums banner

$98 for free, need some ideas on what to spend it on

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Troll_speed 
#1 ·
Well, I got a $100 gift certificate from work over the holiday season, but to turn it into a Visa gift card, it cost me $2, so I'm down to $98, but still, I have $98 to burn for something nice for my Saab.

I have lots of ideas, but I really can only make one choice. I'll put down some of my ideas, but this is where you come in. Give me some ideas or pointers on what could be good or what you would choose.

Looks inside
State of Nine has an interior wood dash kit, both with the speedo area and one without it. The kit is about $235 for the one w/o the speedo.
Another product on their website are the reproduction door pulls for 1999 9-3. For both front and rear, with core exchange once the transaction is completely done, is about $165.
Leatherique, not to do a complete interior makeover, but my seats could use some TLC that my current stuff can't really give. The kit is about $75.

Looks outside
E-code headlamp lenses are something that I have been curious about since learning how to take the lamp assembly apart. Cost is about $165 total.
Clear or chrome side cornering fender lamps seem like a small but positive exterior refreshing to help it look good. Costs between $21 and $33.

Stop fast
I saw some REALLY nice EBC brake rotors, drilled and slotted with a gold zinc plating to help resist corrosion. About $280 for both the front and rear.

Turn fast
Genuine Saab steering rack clamp and brace. I have the money for it, but nothing else supplied for the kit. Costs about $208.

Stay stable
Genuine Saab yet again offers a couple very nice products, the Strut tower brace and the 6 point subframe brace. Each one is about $230, but I could only choose one of em.

GO FAST!!!!
Lots of choices here, but do I really need to go faster when everything else is pretty much stock? Options include the Genuine Saab T5 delivery pipe, a Forge BPV or BOV, stainless steel T5 throttle bend, sport transmission mount, sport engine mount. Each one of these is between $110 and $190.

I would like some input, because I would love to get each and every one of these, but because the lottery fairy hasn't stopped by recently, I can only get one at this point.

Suggestions, options and advice would be greatly appreciated!

OH! P.S. I'll include pics when I'm ready to install the new item, what ever it may be.

See less See more
#3 ·
I already have the sway bar, the 22mm version. Installed it when I did my front brakes.

Everything listed is something I could easily get now, but I have to wait for other my bills to be done before I can consider anything and that usually means I don't get many opportunities.

I just can't decide on good looks, turn fast, go fast, keep stable, or stop fast.

#4 ·
get all your suspension squared away before you start worrying about go fast parts...it will only help out in the long run...i would look into saving up a litte more scrath and do a full suspension...got a nice little setup i could talk via pm, if you catch the drift...:cheesy: !!! but yea in all seriousness it is the best way to go, once you do that it will only make the peformace parts feel that much better!

#7 ·
KC9-3SE said:
Looks outside
E-code headlamp lenses are something that I have been curious about since learning how to take the lamp assembly apart. Cost is about $165 total.
Clear or chrome side cornering fender lamps seem like a small but positive exterior refreshing to help it look good. Costs between $21 and $33.

Turn fast
Genuine Saab steering rack clamp and brace. I have the money for it, but nothing else supplied for the kit. Costs about $208.
E-codes cost me $70 shipped from Ebay France.

Left over cash for that soooo cool clamp and brace...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.