SaabCentral Forums banner

Cats Gone

631 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  saabnutter 
#1 ·
Funny noise coming from exhaust. bad mpg also. If the CAT is buggered and i cant afford a new 3" downpipe with CAT just now (chequebook closed just now) would it be feasible to buy a secondhand one from a breakers or do you think this would be false economy. Does anyone know if a 1st generation 93 CAT would fit my 1997 900.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Nigel

#2 ·
depending on how long the chequbook is closed for, and the price being right at a breaker it could be a semi false economy - cars at breakers tend to be eiter buckets or write offs (as I a sure you know) cats being somewhat fragile as they are don't survice scrappers very well. that said if you pick one up for thirty or forty quid and get 6 months use, you aren't doing badly (i found mine at a place on t'internet called autobitz, a pattern part replacement for a smidge over £200

#3 ·
If you cant spring for a 3" with a Cat, with a 97 you can run without for a little while if needed and then any exhaust shop can weld in a cat for you. Thats actually alot cheaper anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.