SaabCentral Forums banner

i thought my 9-3 was fast 'til today

658 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  project13 
#1 ·
a few weeks back i posted that I'd swapped my turbo charger for the TD04 that I've had for over a year but was experiencing boosting issues clicky clicky

well i did think i had sorted it but it soon became obvious that i still had a problem, i assumed it was the BPC sol so today i nicked the sol of my wife's 900 ( she has a MBC+A fitted so wont miss it ;) )

back to my 9-3, so today i swapped the sol's over and went for a blast well all i can say is i nearly sh*t my self cus i didn't expect the car to be as good as it is, i don't know the figures as i don't have a calibrated boost gauge but with my old sol i used to get my boost gauge about 1/3 into the red and on a good day it'd go nearly 1/2 way in to the red,

now, it goes 3/4 in to the red and when i get to about 4000 rpm it will slowly start to pull back to just above 1/2 into the red :eek: i think i need to put it on a rolling road to make sure my A/F is right with all this extra boost :lol: i love my Saab

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.