SaabCentral Forums banner

Smoked Tails Anyone?

3K views 85 replies 18 participants last post by  screamingreen97 
#1 ·
I recall seeing a picture of an NG900 with smoked out taillights, and so I'm curious if anyone on here has done. If so, was it DIY or something purchased? I've used some spray paint to smoke out the tails of a GS-R before, but I don't know what the best approach would be for the Saab. Any ideas? Thanks.

#4 ·
hkayssi said:
here's abducted's car. Keep in mind that if you smoke them too much, you reduce the safety. People nned to see your brake lights :cheesy:

http://www.garaget.org/?car=20922&image=224810
Haha yeah, I have that in mind. So on this one, did this person just smoke a bottom portion of them, or what? I'm not sure how the 9-3 taillights compare to that of a 9-3, so I'm not positive on what all was done to this one.

#14 ·
i was debating this also, but my car is white, and idk how it would look, any photoshop gurus??? or a white saab w/ tinted tail lights?
tyler

#16 ·
YO DELPRAD said:
yes my car is black i also just did the little headlight mod and painted the grille black too and windows soon to come i love the blacked out look :cheesy:

How'd those wheels work out?

#17 ·
YO DELPRAD said:
yes my car is black i also just did the little headlight mod and painted the grille black too and windows soon to come i love the blacked out look :cheesy:
What headlight mod? ;) I didn't see no pics of no mods. :cheesy:
Please remember to post pics of the blacked out Tail lights. I'm tiniting my windows soon too but doing that at a tint shop.

#23 ·
I chose to tint the turn signals only, to keep brake lights nice and bright... also because I liked the contrast of the red and I hadn't seen anyone else do it like that so I wanted to be unique. I was inspired by the old style 9-5 tails that look smoked on top with red brakes.

they are not as dark as i could make them, to keep some safety I want people to see my signals

headlight mod:

http://griffingear.helixgfx.com/ggtip_bezel.htm

#24 ·
#25 ·
abdukted1456 said:
"I started by removing the headlights. You will need to remove the grill first, then the corner lamps. then you will have exposed the screws that hold the headlamps in place. Next you can remove the headlamps by removing the three screws that hold them in place. Use a flathead screwdriver or similar tool to pop the metal clips off that hold that glass onto the headlamp. Now is a great opportunity to clean the inside and outside of the headlamp glass thoroughly. "

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.