SaabCentral Forums banner

adaptation and stage 1

940 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  John Z Williams 
#1 ·
I changed oil, spark plugs and new ECU (MapTun's stage1). After 300km the CE light was indicating (CEL Blinking 7 times, which means that adaptation is problem). I didn't do any adaptation drive (from 2500 to 4500). Then I reset my ECU and now all seems to be ok after 100km. Do you think taht I have some real problem? At this time I am little cared of to do adaptation drive (if there is some real faulty in my car).

#2 ·
Just see if the cel comes back. I personally like to do some adaptation runs in 4th gear from 2500 to 4200rpm or so. You need to do at least 3 of these to get a good adaptation for the ecu. Try and let the engine cool between runs by waiting a minute at least between the pulls with good airflow and no one right in front of you... Try that and if the cel comes back there might be a problem in the ecu that you will have to talk to Maptun about. I did get one ecu out of many that had a cel 7 flashes and it was a problem in the ecu, got a new ecu in one week, problem solved. Good Luck,

John

#3 ·
My ecu is second hand so it must work.
Two days before I was driving first time in highway after ECU reset. Now the fuel consumtion was much more higher than before the reset. I think that now everything is working fine.
Can you say if trionic5 could save previous owner's some settings which make my fuel consumtion too lower?

#4 ·
Are you going off the sid? If so it will read low because you are driving hard in its first calculations for mpg. It will take a few days to get back to where it should be or you can re-set the sid by holding down the clear button on the sid and do while you are driving and it will start at 47mpg or something and come down instead of starting at 17mpg and then slowly coming up. It calculates over a 20 minute period and if you drive hard for the first part of the calculation it will read low for a while...

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.