SaabCentral Forums banner

9-5 - 9-3/900 xenon conversion

584 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  PAviggen 
#1 · (Edited)
anybody taken this up? I think my Dad has some spares around the shop, has anybody converted with 9-5 pieces? auto-leveling may not work, but the lights, transformers, and projectors would probably (hopefully) transfer fine.

I would of course attempt to make the lens inner surface similar in qualities to that of the plastic 9-5 lens.(smoother)

my ownly concern would be aiming them since auto-leveling would take quite a bit of enginuity/fabrication to make work. But it would certainly look nice! We need an anfermarket kit :(

#2 ·
If you need projectors and bulbs, check with some techs or parts guys at your local infiniti dealer, the FX range is having the headlights replaced under a recal.

Be for warned they will prolly say no, since they are supposed to just toss them. You could scoore a few in the back dumbster.

#4 ·
I haven't seen anything on this conversion...but its something that has crosssed my mind as well. how do you propose the projects would be fitted into the 9-3 headlight housing? Its seems like it would hard to install the projectos into the 9-3 headlight housing withought having it look too obvious that it was a DIY project...

#5 ·
if i had the time/effort to integrate projectors into the 9-3 headlight housing, I would also make an attempt to have the entire headlight assembly be one piece per side, instead of 2 piece. thats quite an undertaking, however...i wouldn't even know how to go about tackling such a project

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.