SaabCentral Forums banner

Don't know where to start

517 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Hippie 
#1 ·
So i got my 98' NG900 N/A automatic and i want to get started working on it as soon as i can but i dont know where to look for saab parts. I've looked on all the sponsor sites for here but I'm somewhat overwhelmed

I want to put some new headligts in because the yellow haze i have at the moment isn't cutting it on the dark roads. Now i know i can just take out the lenses and get clear ones but where?

I also want to get some new brakes and suspension, i have a sway bar but the rest i have no idea what to do. I want to get some performance stuff but i wont get ahead of myself tis will hold me over for a few months

I was hoping some of the pros here could help me with my lack of saab knowledge

Thanks
Alex

#2 ·
genuinesaab.com has most everything you can get as far as performance stuff is concerned, and they are real nice guys.

If you are deteremined to buy new lenses, get the e-code ones from genuinesaab.com. However, its not hard to remove them and clean them.

I haven't done much suspension or brakes, so I've got no real opinions there.

#3 ·
Being that you have an N/A engine stuff will be pricey in relation to output increase, that's why I haven't been posting in the classic forum latly. I just installed a teliaferro 25.5 rear sway bar today and it is awsome. I also have the rack brace, I think it would be vary rewarding if you just focused on suspention.

#4 ·
thanks guys
Is there any brand loyalty you guys have for springs and shocks? or have you just jumped around and stuck with whats good. I looked on genuine saab and theres a $20 difference in the Koni package and the package with diferent springs, i think they're called Vogtland

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.