Al's 900s [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Al's 900s

Bawheid
11th April 2007, 07:01 PM
Thought id start a project thread for my 900's . We currently have 2 C900 T16's a 1988 2 door ( Matthews previously ) and a 1989 3 door.

Weve kept these car relatively stock, they are both used for a daily commute and at the moment reliability is more important than making them faster ;).

Over the summer i plan on sorting out a few issues with the cars, mostly body work and rust prevention.

Will get some pics up soon ( i promise matthew ;) )

Heres teaser of the 3 door.

http://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/albums/album479/Grey_beastie.jpg

Ive done a bit of work on it in the last few months, new master and slave cylinders on the clutch, welding to the rear shock mounts and sorting out a few leaks and clitches. Its running well at the moment touch wood.

jim_mcghee
12th April 2007, 04:14 PM
Barrhead? I get the feeling I have seen you about. Nice colour too, my Jubilee is a slightly darker shade. Do you have a garage? Dont fancy working on a car in Glasgow weather these days, mind you, it has been amazing the last few weeks.. Cant wait to see the pics

woywitka
13th April 2007, 12:19 AM
Nice car, but seriously that 88' is one of my fav cars on here. Did you get that front end hitch sorted yet? I still think about thoes horrid pics with that gorgeous bumper and rust free bonnet all mangled (lump in throat emoticon).

ShadowWorks
13th April 2007, 01:24 AM
I never knew you had a Grey T16, you sneaky sneek:lol:

Looks likes its rom far south England because it has zero rust on it;)

Albert Trout
13th April 2007, 04:46 AM
Your car's pish

Bawheid
13th April 2007, 05:00 AM
Carol keeps telling me that aswell albert. Bawbags! :D

Shadow the cars spent all its life in Glasgow ( you can tell when you look underneath ) as far as i can tell. And its got a rusty boot and some bubbling around the door handles and a few other places that needs to be looked at soon.

Dont have a garage unfortunately got a shanty town car port thats in need of a new roof. :D

The two door is still going strong and just needs a new bonnet/hood and itll look great again. Going to respray the bumpers this summer and tackle the rusty door bottoms.

Albert Trout
13th April 2007, 05:10 AM
Come on Rawlie. Just an FMIC & a downpipe :D You can justify it to yourself by the gains in fuel economy you'll see.

Bawheid
13th April 2007, 05:46 AM
Im tempted to make a wide angle downpipe as ive got all the tubing but im trying to save all my good bits for the 99 project.

jim_mcghee
13th April 2007, 09:40 AM
do u have a light coloured 2 door as well? I am sure one tore past me on the M8 just before the roadworks coming from Langbank..

Bawheid
13th April 2007, 10:05 AM
Got a red 2 door aswell. :D Not been up round langbank recently though. Thats Sabco :evil: territory so bound to be a few round those parts.

ShadowWorks
13th April 2007, 10:53 AM
You can justify it to yourself by the gains in fuel economy you'll see.

Don't listen to the lies:lol:

The only thing you will notice is more boost in your cajones:cheesy:

I want to see how you weld up this down pipe, I am so tempted to just by the steel and have a go myself, I'm just not sure how good the stainless steel will weld to the old mild steel colar that I would butcher.

Bawheid
13th April 2007, 10:56 AM
Im just using alumised steel bends from jetex, not got the fancy stainless stuff. Going to follow Si's 2.5 inch wide angle dooda.

ShadowWorks
13th April 2007, 02:00 PM
Thats alot of presicion cutting and butting, or in reality alot of wasted piping;)

I have seen guys selling 90 degree stainless steel elbow on ebay from 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 inch ones starting from a tenner up to 20.

I don't think I can be bothered with the 3 inch elbow because I have to make or buy a reducer, the 2.5 seems like a good place to start and its only 15 with free posting, how does that compare to the Jetex piping your thinking about?

I have to remind myself its not the diameter of the pipe that counts its the length of the bend:lol:

Bawheid
14th April 2007, 04:48 AM
Ive already got the jetex bends sitting in the shed, cant remember the price but its on there website. Precision cutting :lol: i just use a bit of tape and a big hacksaw gets it pretty good if your careful.

sab aero
14th April 2007, 06:10 AM
deam that is a good suggestion raul... but at least you still have the fastest saab in all of AZ.

deam! deam deam...

sab

Bawheid
14th April 2007, 06:39 AM
:roll: fair enough. Thought it would be a better area to show pics of my cars rather than a thread in the workshop area. I suppose the only projects cars you can have are ones where you try to get more power out of the car. What i had planned for this thread was to show what i am doing to improve them mechanically and cosmetically but thats obviously not what its about.

Weve got a word in scotland which surprisingly comes to mind FUD!

Matthew
14th April 2007, 06:48 AM
This is a projects forum. Any kind car project whether performance, resto, interior, exterior, bling... whatever.

I know the Projects forum resides underneath the Performance forum, that that's to avoid cluttering the main forum screen.

ShadowWorks
14th April 2007, 07:32 AM
I wanna know what Raul said now:lol:

I know he is not the same guy in the Irn Bru adverts but thats what see in my head when I think of him;)

"Look at Raul touching Raul" " I dance"

Did you see the one when he gets strung up by his thong on the diving board! PMSL:cheesy:

sab aero
14th April 2007, 08:06 AM
and definitley ignore what Raul has to say... he is very good at feeding the chooks.

:D

Nice car too Bawheid! :)

cheers from down under
sab

Matthew
14th April 2007, 08:38 AM
I know he is not the same guy in the Irn Bru adverts but thats what see in my head when I think of him;)

"Look at Raul touching Raul" " I dance"
I had to Google for that, but by heck I PMSL :lol: :lol:
http://www.ephinx.com/tvadverts/302/diet-irn-bru-raul-dances-advert.html
http://www.hexfiles.com/saabcentral/el_raul_turbo_freak1.jpg