The Fantasy Tuning Thread [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: The Fantasy Tuning Thread

SectorNine50
11th April 2007, 03:38 PM
Alright, thanks to a fantastic tangent off of the lambo thread, I decided to start a fantasy tuning thread. Based on the current car we have now, what kind of modifications we would do if we had an UNLIMITED budget. I'm pretty sure that we will be seeing a lot of FWD to AWD conversions... :roll:

Man I don't even know where to start... Chris got me all riled up with his wide-body kit idea... I think I'm gonna go play with photoshop and see if I can't make a wide-body kit for these cars...

GOGOGO! Maybe this thread will become a sticky! :p

Chris 9-5
11th April 2007, 03:54 PM
I would love a wide body kitted 9-5 with huge deep dish rims, vents for the front and rear brakes in black - all black :cool:

DTM - 9-5 :p

SAABBYY 9 to 5
11th April 2007, 04:00 PM
I would have a stage 6 tune a hirsch body kit, everything Blacked out bi xenons projector headlights, and the car would talk to me and tell me how good I look everytime i get in the car....okay okay it would be programmed to lie a little:cheesy:

guitarguydudeperson34
11th April 2007, 04:03 PM
* AWD (of course)
* carbon fiber wide body kit with staggard wheels... 18x9 up front and 18x11 in back
* new front and rear carbon bumpers and side skirts to match the new widebody
* 1000 + hp bored to 2.5l dual turbo :cheesy:
* seem welded chasis
* coupe version
* butt messager
* crazy sound/entertainment system.... not too much to make the car a million pounds though
* carbon body panels, painted
* cumfy as hell seats (like ours) that hold you in place better
* all black stratch proof paint with tinted wondows.... mmmm black
* ....ill get back to you

Martin_9-5t
11th April 2007, 04:35 PM
my fantasy 9-5

2.5 turbo pushing 600bhp.
RWD with selectable 4WD
360mm front brakes
330 rear brakes.
coilovers
realcar bodykit but with wider archs.

more to come.....................

DoctorPhill
11th April 2007, 04:44 PM
From dreamland tuning shop-9-5 Coupe GT for me with AWD and adaptive bi-xenon front and LED rear ligths,04-05 Aero front but bit longer,big FMIC and acceleration +stoping of 911 turbo if you please-apr 350-450hp and 800Nm at 1800rpm.All leather dash ,ventilated and pneumatic addaptive seats,the rear separated as in 9000 Aero,all pixel SID,on board regulations like in Skyline GTR and few power levels available.Hmmm-ah realy working steptronik system with big metal paddles behind steering wheel-take this from Lambo -thats all for now.

PS-let my AudioTroll arrived as the first mode pls!

Raven18940
11th April 2007, 04:50 PM
-Drivetrain from an EVO
-coilovers
-somewheres around 450 to 500 hp
-those nice seats with good side bolstering from the new aeros

I like having a sleeper :cool:

99SAAB9-3
11th April 2007, 04:55 PM
Here is a question, how many people would pay for a widebody kit for a 9-5 and how much would one be worth to you. I know there would be a limited market for this but I mean like 4 to 6 inches on each side. I was considering this for mine :)

SectorNine50
11th April 2007, 06:25 PM
Oh god... I could see that being very very spendy but I want it really bad! It would definitely be a cool look that wouldn't trash the car up.

...Why do you ask...? Do you have the means to build something like this...?

99SAAB9-3
11th April 2007, 06:32 PM
Well I would build a initial one in maybe a month in my garage using fiberglass. This would be a DTM Touring style kit, not rice, but pretty authentic as looks go. If course if I do this I also need the Big Brake Kit and 19" BBS CH's.

SectorNine50
11th April 2007, 06:34 PM
Well I would build a initial one in maybe a month in my garage using fiberglass. This would be a DTM Touring style kit, not rice, but pretty authentic as looks go. If course if I do this I also need the Big Brake Kit and 19" BBS CH's.
I would love to be able to do this, but as of now money does not, and will not for a long time, allow me to do this. Being a college student I'm pretty sure all I can do for now is dream. :cry:

XAAMOTTOMAAX
11th April 2007, 07:15 PM
I'd get the 2 hail dings taken out of my roof and repaint my front lip spoiler. :cheesy:

Oh, and lambo doors too!

Chris 9-5
11th April 2007, 07:17 PM
Dont you want the Viggen race spec? :confused:

SectorNine50
11th April 2007, 08:28 PM
Dont you want the Viggen race spec? :confused:
Hahaha you just can't get enough of that can you?

honungsbi
11th April 2007, 09:13 PM
wouldn't a wide body "kit" for a 9-5 look extremely ricey? I mean if you were actually able to stretch it wider, say by 4 inches using photoshop that's one thing... but actually adding a kit to the outside... well don't let me rain on this parade.

my "fantasy" 9-5 isn't as extreme as a wide body, AWD or V8... in fact it's pretty straight forward.

03 Hirschized 9-5 sedan, suspension and bumper with clear corners and 300hp or so. while I prefer an auto I might consider a manual with a limited slip. silver with tan interior, a bit lighter than normal. light burlwood dash, steering wheel, shifter and door handles. soup up the navigation system to include dvd player and mp3 player using bluetooth. monochrome, the exterior would look similar to this but with different wheels (yet to be determined)

not all too radical now is it?

XAAMOTTOMAAX
11th April 2007, 11:39 PM
Actually that's pretty close to what I would do as well. Hirsch body with the monochrome touches as well...make the interior graphite, the dash and knob in CF and make the manual trans with LSD pushing around 400hp. Nav, dvd, all that as well... Good stuff. Rims? I'd have like 5 sets to switch up whenever I felt like a new look. I love the 9-5 in that pic. Sooooo nice.

Kermit
12th April 2007, 05:38 AM
I'd like a 9-5 that got better than 18mpg around London. :cry:

honungsbi
12th April 2007, 06:07 AM
I'd like a 9-5 that got better than 18mpg around London. :cry:

o'rly

it's that bad huh, even with the 4cyl?

still better than the 16mpg combined I get in my jeep. :cry:

Chris 9-5
12th April 2007, 08:49 AM
Wide body 9-3SS

http://www.hastig.se/hastig/bilder/146/images/IMG_4702.JPG

http://www.hastig.se/hastig/bilder/146/images/IMG_4701.JPG

http://www.hastig.se/hastig/bilder/146/images/IMG_4700.JPG

gabis
12th April 2007, 04:17 PM
I always go back and forth between hating that 9-3SS and loving it. Have you seen the pics of the intercooler? It so ridiculously huge, you just have to laugh. AWD conversion with the widebody would be very nice though.

My "dream 9-5" would be in black with the hirsch body kit, minus spoiler, gunmetal 18" RKII's with polished lip, GT3071R and associated sw and hw with FMIC, In-Dash touchscreen NAV/DVD/MP3 with bluetooth, WiFi, EV-DO and AutoEnginuity(for on screen display of boost, A/F, Oil pressure/temp etc etc instead of gauges), slightly upgraded sound system, full coilovers, ESP/TCS delete, LSD, Quaife 6spd gearset, tinted head/tail lights, color matched body trim, dual magnaflow exhaust with polished oval tips, black and chrome Saab badges with matching wheel caps.... thats all for now :)

And I'll get it there, eventually...