SaabCentral Forums banner

LED Lights?

747 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jeremy R. 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever used LED lights on their cars (stop,signal,backup bulbs)? Some say that you need a load resistor in conjunction with the bulb if you have signaling problems. Is it o.k. to use in SAAB cars with no problems.:cheesy:

#2 ·
You will need something as the SID checks for bulbs being out - this includes LED lights as they draw less of a current than it is expecting...

#3 ·
It depends where you use them. You'll need load resistors for the front and rear blinkers and brake lights, but that should be it it. I have LED lights for the fender blinkers, license plate lights, and parking lights. None of those are monitored, and neither are the taillights, as far as I know.

#5 ·
They're just some festoon-style LED bulbs I picked up on eBay for the rear license plate. I think each one has three LEDs in it. They're a direct replacement for the stock bulbs, but are somewhat brighter and very white. I got jealous looking at the new Lexuses with their white license plate lights. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.