SaabCentral Forums banner

Questions about my SMBC

573 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  shesselinkjr 
#1 ·
I've been fooling around with this for a few days including short runs and long commutes. Before I installed it I hooked up a boost gauge so that I could get accurate readings. I installed the gauge in series with the BPV (i think) - see attached photo. My max boost was at around 7-8 then I installed the SMBC and noticed an immediate difference in the boost although the spool up time did not improve drastically. Now here is where I start having questions. I have turned this thing from all the way in to all the way out and never got any fuel cut off and the boost is in the 15-20 range. The last time I tried it I had it all the way open and the line blew off the SMBC (no zip tie yet) and of course my boost was off the chart so that doesn't really mean much. But my car is super hot at the moment so she needs to cool down. Also, when the SMBC is turned most of the way in - say 3/4 or more of the thread not showing, I keep hearing some weird noise coming from what sounds like the turbo. The only way to describe the sound is that it reminds of of bearings on metal ? It's hard to explain but don't remember hearing it before the SMBC. The sound is mostly made at WOT but occasionally I do hear during normal driving. I expect that the best thing I can do for my car is adjust it in between 1/2 and 3/4 and leave it there. Of course the other thing I can say at the moment is the weather has been between 30 and 50 since I installed it and know that the cold does have some effect. I am open to comments and suggestions. Also, I'm at 75K and have a 100K warranty and don't want to screw that up. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.