SaabCentral Forums banner

Running lights

789 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  project13 
#1 ·
I was wondering if my headlight switch is broken or something, beacuse when I turn it to the first position, the headlights come on, when I turn to the second it dosesn't change anything, unless I have the fogs on.

Is it broke or does my saab not have running lights?:cry:

#5 ·
yes, we have automatic DRLs. If you pull fuse #15 you can disable them in position "0." If youd like to have parking lights (and fogs if you wish) in position 1, then you need to get it reprogrammed with a tech 2, which would leave the parking lights (including city lights) and tail lights on. Did that answer the Q or was it somethin completely different??

#6 · (Edited)
Yes it did, but what is a tech 2 and where would I get it done?
I think a previous owner must have pulled the fuse.
also Does your green light on your headlight switch light up? Mine doesn't, I am assuming that the light must be burn't out.:cry:

I would love to have the running lights, like any normal car, or be able to have my lights look like yours in your aviator

#7 ·
Tech 2= a saab specific computer that only dealers and some independent saab shops will have. My switch bulb was burnt out too, i havent messed with replacing it, but you just pull the switch out to replace it. So you noticed what my avatar is? I actually have red city lights in there :D. It cost me 1/2 hour of labor to get an indie shop around here to switch my headlight setting. I actually did it to use my fog lights instead of daytime running to not burn out my silverstars (dont have the silverstars anymore :cheesy: )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.