SaabCentral Forums banner

The Viggen rims are on!

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  cymbolkid 
#1 ·
I just put on my new Viggen rims last week because the weather is finally warm. The tires are bridgestone potenza g 009 225-45-17. So far the tires are really quite, the ride is alittle harsher with the bigger rims but i thinks its worth the sacrifce!

Here is a picture of my car with the factory rims.

Heres the Saab with the Viggen rims

The difference between the orginal rims and the viggen rims is huge. The car looks soo much sportier now!

See less See more
#3 ·
i have those tires on my stock rims and they are great. im about to fit my bbs on here soon so need to know if i can fit 225's on my car with it lowered... do i need to stay with 215 or what? the rims according to previous owner are 7.5 wide..... need suggestions on size... sorry to hijack thread.

#4 ·
I have two bent Viggen rims in my garage, as I replaced them four months ago on my Viggen. I now have two more bent rims. I will never buy another Viggen rim in my life. I will be buying Borbet type FS, or Ronal R41's. If you want to keep from bending these rims, you have to run about 50 lbs of tire pressure, and at least on my Viggen at that pressure ... the ride is really bad. Love the look, hate the rim.

#8 ·
You should try driving the roads in Chicagoland .... If there is a pothole coming up and your in traffic ... you slam the brakes on ... but most likely your being tailgated so close that your afraid to.

We have two seasons here ... Winter and road construction season ... and now even much of that is being done in winter.

#12 ·
need opinions..... posted before and havent gotten much response. with my car lowered should i go with 225-45-17 or 215-45-17 please post your answer and tell me if 225 will rub at all since the car is lowered (will be at least) with koni kit. getting tires in next 2 weeks so gotta make up my mind

#13 ·
Sleet.... Sorry my car isn't lower i really can't help you there at all. Maybe someone else can chime in and give you some advice....

I use my jeep for the majority of the time so the saab doesnt see that much driving in the winter. Even so i will put the factory 15" on with snows on for winter. The viggen rims will only see summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.