SaabCentral Forums banner

boost guage pix

6K views 67 replies 26 participants last post by  9-3sleeper 
#1 ·
here are the pix of my bost guage install into the dash...its a glow shift guage...7 color led...i love it

See less See more
#3 ·
saabkid37 said:
i still dont get why people mount it over there...you cant see it without changing position or moving your arm, and its not in line of site.
agreed.... it looks stock-ish in there but i didnt mount it there cause i want to be able to see it without having to move around.. i also dont like pillar pods normally cause they dont perfectly match the color of the pillar or interior and are bulky. so i have mine in a cup right on the dash right against the apillar.

#7 ·
saabkid37 said:
i still dont get why people mount it over there...you cant see it without changing position or moving your arm, and its not in line of site.
I mounted my boost gauge in the light switch hole as well. It looks clean & stock. It was free, as opposed to paying for a pillar pod. I have ZERO problems reading the boost gauge in that location.

Your gauge looks great, screamingreen97!!

#8 ·
saab_1999 said:
I mounted my boost gauge in the light switch hole as well. It looks clean & stock. It was free, as opposed to paying for a pillar pod. I have ZERO problems reading the boost gauge in that location.

Your gauge looks great, screamingreen97!!
thanx....i dont see much of a problem either....i mean, i barely look at it...and i can see everything up to 15psi without really moving...its just for looks if u ask me...i just had it laying around so i put it in....i had the pillar pod for my 9000 and i didnt like it much....game me a blind spot and it didnt look very good IMO

#9 ·
screamingreen97 said:
thanx....i dont see much of a problem either....i mean, i barely look at it...and i can see everything up to 15psi without really moving...its just for looks if u ask me...i just had it laying around so i put it in....i had the pillar pod for my 9000 and i didnt like it much....game me a blind spot and it didnt look very good IMO
Yeah looks better in the light switch and looks stock. I agree I'm not a fan of the pod too because of the blind spot it adds and police like to stop you when you have the pods for checks. They think you're a street racer or something when you have that along with other mods :confused:

#10 ·
hkayssi said:
They think you're a street racer or something when you have that along with other mods :confused:
the cops think my car club is a "street racing" group...i had gotten pulled over for something in a parking lot, not driving related...and then my friend came around the corner with his bov going on his 9000 and the cops pulled him over...he was like "your street racing buddy is here"....i was like HUH?!?....and then he said the same on my windshield banner....i was like, "ummmm, we are a CAR CLUB....do u know what a CAR CLUB is?".....he told me to shut up and stop being smart lol.....

and then he tried to search my trunk....(my trunk locks itself by the time u press the button and get to the back to open it)...he kept popping the trunk from the door, when to the back, didnt open, he must have done this like 5 times while i was watching him....i laughed and asked him if he needed help and told me to shut up again lol.

#12 ·
SPATL said:
I think that looks great there.

Question for ya. Does the visor have the ability to move? Can you direct the visor sideways to block the sunlight? I would think the glare could be a problem in that area.
Where did you get the visor? Link?
ya the visor is just an insert that u put behind the guage...i can tilt it cuz its still kinda loose, but not loose enough to just move around itself....the visor comes with the guage itself...any guage you buy from Glow Shift comes with them i think...I also have a oil temp and oil pressure guage if any one is interested...nvr used, they looks just like my boost guage...have all the sensors included...make me an offer, cuz i really dont want them, they ar ejust sitting around

the link is....www.glowshift.com

but i got mine from my sponsorship for a lower price...but these guages are really good

#13 ·
I have mine mounted there (light switch hole) and I have no problem seeing it. I like it there. I don't really like pillar gauges, for me, a little too obvious. In my old car, I had the gauges in perfect line of sight, but there's not really room in the Saab for the same setup:

#16 ·
SPATL said:
I think that looks great there.

Question for ya. Does the visor have the ability to move? Can you direct the visor sideways to block the sunlight? I would think the glare could be a problem in that area.
Where did you get the visor? Link?
You can get them from autometer too. They act as either an angler or a visor like that. And yes you should be put it any posisiton 360 degrees around the gauge.

#18 ·
#22 ·
I made a hole in the lower dash assembly (below the steering wheel) and relocated the switch there. I did this because some others had did the same thing and I didn't want to loose my switch either. The wires are just long enough to reach and the switch is still functional

#23 ·
ShaneW said:
I made a hole in the lower dash assembly (below the steering wheel) and relocated the switch there. I did this because some others had did the same thing and I didn't want to loose my switch either. The wires are just long enough to reach and the switch is still functional
You mind posting some pictures when u get a chance???
I want to see the exact location
Thanks!!

#25 ·
Yeah, no prob I just snapped a pic:
Once you pop that lower panel off you will see that that is really the only spot to mount it- to the left there is the fuse panel housing and to the right is metal framing I believe. If you make your hole too far to one side you won't be able to mount the switch. The switch and connector together are a few inches deep. It'll all be clearer once the panel is off...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.